- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Males Preferred
About the Job
- Project planning, Setting out, leveling and surveying the site before any work takes place.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local regulations and by-laws;
- acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- Maintain and monitor the progress of the works on site as per the project program.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant by using his expert knowledge of materials and commercial nous to negotiate deals with suppliers to make making sure the project are as cost-effective as possible.
- Ensure all specifications are followed and the required materials ordered are followed up on.
- Ensure that the Supervisors and Foreman have a daily task breakdown to carry out and maintain a record of works.
- Must keep the site clean and have a very high standard of quality control.
- managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or designer;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
- planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office