- Experience Needed:
More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Mobility goes digital. The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that
enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help
improving millions of people each day’s life quality all around the globe. Driven by innovation, we
develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of
offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail
electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our
industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life. For our MO setup in Egypt we are looking for a Project Commissioning Manager to support our growing business:
The Commissioning Manager is responsible for assuring Project Systems Startup &Commissioning are completed on time, within budget and as per the company quality requirements. Reporting to the System Construction Manager, the Commissioning Manager will monitor testing progress, oversee solution delivery, carry out safety checks and quickly sort out any problems which could hold the site testing works. He will also keep close contact with the Site Managers, and liaise with technicians, planners and commissioning engineering, as well as all stakeholders (customer &consultants).
What are my responsibilities?
- To lead and guide the Signaling, Telecommunications and Power Supply Systems Testing and Commissioning stage with regard to working methodology, personnel deployment, system construction at site and systems integration processes on current railway projects.
- Establishing the governance arrangements for testing and commissioning through the development and implementation of the testing and commissioning strategy and plans to ensure the handover of a fully integrated and safe system, compliant with Employer Requirements
- To Ensure compliance with Code of Ethics
- Adherence to deadlines, quality and cost-effectiveness
- Performance of functional tests and commissioning as well as Reporting, documentation of work performed
- Creation of modification and commissioning concepts as well as acceptance criteria
- Involvement in the definition and implementation of productivity measures, adherence to standard processes
- Assumption of coaching functions for staff involved in the Commissioning phase
- To work in cooperation and coordination with the sub-Project Managers (SIG, PWS, TLC)
- Developing overall concept of trial running, organizing trial run and its performance
- Understand the system/asset design from "end to end" to support the integration of testing and commissioning plans
- Provide input into the engineering to ensure all necessary testing and commissioning requirements are incorporated
- Maintain an overview of the technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables to ensure compliance with Project Testing and Commissioning strategy, plans and procedures.
- Facilitate acceptance certification obtaining in a progressive manner, to ensure satisfactory testing and commissioning results are compiled and processed by supporting handover strategy
- Develop and implement a reporting system including dashboards, metrics, and updates to Senior management and key stakeholders
- It is your responsibility to comply with standards, regulations, quality guidelines and safety regulations
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates for the system related work.
- To assist the Contract & Claim Manager, the System Construction Manager and the Project Management, by supporting and reporting all changes and variations occurred on site
- Site team plan and management of multiple involved teams (Signalling / Power Supply / Telecom).
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
About this Company
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company.
See all Careers and Jobs at SIEMENS