- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
3,000 to 5,000 EGP per month
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Only
About the Job
- A hotel executive secretary manages many different aspects of the hotel's day-to-day operations. For example, they oversee the housekeeping of the hotel, the duties of the front office, and the stocking of vending and beverage machines.
- Assistant general managers work mostly full-time in the hotel environment, around 40 hours a week during business hours, under the oversight of a hotel general manager.
- Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD's and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and HOD's.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip advisor, OTA's etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Selects or assist in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paper works.
- Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of Marriott and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD's and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide a status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist GM in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
More than 3 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Food Services/Restaurants/Catering Hospitality/Hotels Travel and Tourism
Hotel assistant general manager positions typically require:
- A minimum of three years of management and supervisory experience. Management in the service, food and beverage, or hotel industry strongly preferred.
- A college degree is often also preferred.
- Applicants must have a knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, and have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- They must also be organized, able to multitask, detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Being bilingual is an advantageous skill as well.
- Presentable & eloquent speaker.
- History of measurable success throughout their career.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused.
- Demonstrates drive to succeed, passion and ambition.
- Always looking to add on more responsibilities, becoming more and more of a cornerstone of the business.
- Not driven by targets set, but sets up targets based on where the business needs to be at, and how vital their contribution is for that growth.
- Is hands-on and believes in getting things done effectively and aggressively.