- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Procurement Engineer is responsible for:
- Responsible for the procurement of all materials and executing contracts needed for the operation & maintenance process.
- Advising business unit on procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet time, quality and cost requirements of the development plan to minimize the risk and ensure best value is achieved and to maximize the return in investment on projects developed.
- Studying and reviewing all tender documents received by business unit including instructions to tenders, contract general and special conditions, specifications, drawings and preparing BOQ.
- Evaluating subcontractors & ensure they are capable to be invited to any tender. (Prequalification for new vendors & performance evaluation for existing vendors)
- Issuing the request for tender (RFT) including the scope of work to the selected subcontractors (suppliers) to get their technical & financial offers in closed envelopes.
- Handling all queries received from the tenderers & ensure providing clear reply to be circulated to all tenderers.
- Opening the technical tender & sending it to the business unit for technical review.
- Leading the financial opening session and recording the submitted prices.
- Preparing the comparison sheets between subcontractors (suppliers) in accordance with pre-estimate & benchmark prices.
- Negotiating the prices with the subcontractors (suppliers) to get the maximum cost saving & best contract conditions.
- Choosing the suitable subcontractor (supplier) for work execution and preparing all internal approvals & confirming the budget with the finance.
- Preparing the matching contract forms (Service contracts, Call off contracts, Purchase orders, Consultancy service contracts & Technical service agreements).
- Provide Post Contract administration including maintaining variations & claims.
- Preparing & monitoring Portfolio payment and budget commitments in accordance with Cost Management Services Team.
- Weekly update of the procurement plan log to show the progress of work and discuss it with the business unit during the weekly meeting.
- Weekly update of the payment tracking log in order to track the payments and avoid any delay in the cycle of signatures.
- Preparing a cost saving log to show the savings done in each package.
- Preparing a mid-year & end-year reports for the top management showing the progress of work and the savings for each period.19. Preparing weekly report showing the status of pre-award and post-award activities.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management Retail
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...