- Experience Needed:
- 10 to 13 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 25% travel
About the Job
- Management of tax planning and compliance initiatives for all taxes in Egypt, UAE and KSA (including income tax, VAT, withholding taxes, stamp tax, Egypt payroll tax)
- Responsibility for maintenance of systems, controls and management reports for VAT and income taxes.
- Monthly reporting of tax provision/expense, effective tax rate and cash tax for all three countries to global consolidation team.
- Ongoing monitoring of profitability levels in the Middle East and interaction with global transfer pricing team as required.
- Preparation of local transfer pricing documentation and defence files for audits.
- Key point of contact with tax authorities in case of audit (many audits in Egypt currently).
- Manage relationship and cost of tax advisors.
- Manage relationship with tax authorities as well as other government agencies involved in the supervision and payment of tax incentives
- Develop capability within accounting and treasury teams to provide support in initial preparation of income tax and VAT returns in UAE and KSA.
- Educate other functions on tax processes and raise awareness for compliance risks
- Support and partner with other in-house teams/departments in ad hoc projects.
- Potential for the role to grow and include more countries in the future.
10 to 13 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience in Tax and Finance with focus on tax advisory, compliance and transfer pricing
- Chartered Accountant qualification or similar
- Specialist knowledge of taxes and experience dealing with taxes in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Experience working in multinational organisation in a regional tax role
- Experience in IFRS reporting
- Experience with cross-functional projects
- Fluent English and Arabic
- Strong analytical skills
- Hands-on approach
- Resourceful and ambitious to succeed in a newly-created role
- Open-minded and willing to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment.
- Independent to work without local functional supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills to explain tax issues to non-tax specialists and keep an efficient communication channel with head-office.
- Extremely important that communication must be in very clear, concise and plain English.
About this Company
Nissan Motor Corporation, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of automobile products and services.
See all Careers and Jobs at Nissan Motor Egypt
It primarily offers light commercial vehicles, passenger cars, buses and trucks, forklifts, and related components.