- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Main Job Duties:
Hospital Maintenance Engineers Are Responsible For
- Maintaining the extensive heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation systems in hospitals.
- The equipment they operate includes boilers, air-conditioning equipment, diesel engines, turbines, pumps, condensers, generators, and compressors.
- They start up, regulate, shut down, or repair this equipment.
- They manually operate equipment, make adjustments, and regularly check safety devices.
- It is their responsibility to ensure that all of these systems are operating not just correctly, but also efficiently and safely
- Routine maintenance is part of the job, such as replacing filters, lubricating moving parts, and checking air quality of the ventilation systems.
- Some other duties could include minor welding, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, and minor carpentry repairs to walls, roofs, windows, or ceilings.
- In this job you could wind up working independently or as part of a crew. you will also need to be able to work off hours or on shifts that can include holidays, nights, or weekends. because a hospital never closes, there must always be maintenance workers on staff
3 to 5 years
Not Specified at least