- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
About the opportunity:
- Radivision is the new Entrepreneurship Network — a global integrated digital TV and
community network for entrepreneurship that delivers visibility, access, and investment into entrepreneurship’s opaque, yet fascinating industry through our original video series, curated best-of-class resources, and a globally connected community.
- Radivision launched its new beta platform on November 15, 2018, after 2+ years of research and development, prototype testing and market focus group testing. 2017 tests delivered 1M+video views and ~100K monthly unique visitors in the first test month. Radivision’s new beta traffic is tracking again at these similar levels in its first month, with minimal marketing. We are growing our 4 full-time engineering team in Maadi, to 8 or more, and seeking talented and ambitious developers and team leaders who seek new languages, tools, and skills and are eager to learn the most advanced technology stack in Silicon Valley or anywhere.
- Radivision is invested in a foundation for a savvy, resourceful, and creative front-end, back-end, the full-stack engineering team in Cairo, who work closely with our founding CEO, CTO, and team in Silicon Valley, and Los Angeles, California. The Cairo engineering team is building Radivision’s next-generation video streaming and community platforms dedicated to connecting, supporting, and celebrating the global entrepreneurial community. The office is in the wonderful KMT Housein Maadi. Competitive compensation offered.
- Take full ownership of a feature from initial discussion to final production and deployment
- Work in a collaborative environment with a variety of context and minimal guidance.
- Work with Business Partners to turn requirements into simple, elegant, and optimal solutions that balance the needs of the health of the technology stack but always guided by our business
3 to 10 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
This May Be Your Dream Job If You:
- Have a strong technical understanding of all elements of the back-end, front-end, full-stack or team leadership skills
- Understand the characteristics of high-quality code and how to write and deliver such code.
- Value simplicity and clarity in architecture and design
- Are self-motivated
- Like to work in a team environment even in the face of the demands of startups
- Like to learn and expand your skills, including learning new languages and technologies
- Have a passion for entrepreneurship and supporting entrepreneurial success globally
To Be Successful You Must Have:
- Experience with test driven development and use of at least one testing framework.
- Experience in developing websites, including multi-page applications.
- Experience in developing JSON-based API.
- An attention to detail
- An excellent command of English
The Following Moves You Up The List:
- Use of React
- Use of GraphQL and Relay
- Use of Typescript
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of modern version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with SEO, Google analytics and webmaster tools
- Practical knowledge of developing mobile applications
Your Education And Experience:
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in computer science or relevant field preferred
- Developers: 3-10 years programming experience with solid track record of success and on-time delivery
- Team Leaders: 5-10+ years of development experience, with at least 2 years of development team management experience.
Environment + Relationship with HQ:
- We have a development team in Cairo Egypt, beginning in KMT House’s coworking space, reporting to the company’s Silicon Valley CTO and working with a distributed team also in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and growing.
- Adherence to regular meeting schedule and established workflows, as well as constant communication, will be essential for staying connected and grounded in set goals
- We are committed to creating a culture of excellence, creativity, self-empowerment, respect, and fun for our teams all over the globe.
About Radivision’s Founders:
- Radivision’s founder, Mona DeFrawi is an Egyptian (from birth) and American (since age 7) serial entrepreneur, highlighted by Forbes’ as one of the “Most Powerful Women in Technology”, and by ScoopEmpire as one of “8 Egyptians Kicking Butt Abroad,” among other honors. DeFrawi has founded 4 companies and sold two, including InsideVenture, the first pre-IPO private market platform that delivered new liquidity and exit solutions to the venture industry and helped initiate the Unicorn trend (acquired by SecondMarket, which was acquired by The Nasdaq). Mona authored legislation that unleashed over $5B in new venture investment and created and taught the first Entrepreneurship curriculum at The Johns Hopkins University,
among many other accomplishments. Mona is a passionate supporter Entrepreneurship and an innovator in the ecosystem for 25+ years. She is dedicated to the economic growth and prosperity that entrepreneurship delivers, and founded Radivision to democratize and globalize entrepreneurship, by increasing access to resources, knowledge, role models, mentors, and delivering a free PR/advertising platform to support the industry’s companies and entrepreneurs.
- Alex Livesley, CTO & Co-Founder, has been coding since age 13, through Ph.D. studies England, followed by a 20+ software architecture and development career in the US. Alex has been part of 7 startups with 7 successful exits. Alex has built for Radivision a sophisticated, highly architected platform foundation that is globally scalable and ready for exciting new growth after it’s recent beta launch on November 15, 2018. There will be substantial opportunity for growth and creativity moving forward as new features and functionality are added under his guidance.
- We believe that entrepreneurship is the path to peace and prosperity in our world today -- but the lack of accessibility to resources and other challenges create a foreboding 90% failure rate for entrepreneurs that is hard to overcome. Radivision allows viewers/members insider access to knowledge, resources, relationships, lots of PR exposure, and potential investment opportunities to increase their success.
- Radivision invites you join us in our mission to ignite the Entrepreneurial Revolution globally!
About this Company
Radivision is the new Entrepreneurial Network. It’s a digital TV and social network that delivers visibility and access to entrepreneurship’s opaque, yet fascinating industry through our original video series, curated best-of-class resources and globally connected...
See all Careers and Jobs at Radivision