- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Teaching Centres in Egypt run eight 5 week terms of 30 hours through the year followed by 2 intensive courses in the summer months for Adult classes and three 10 week terms of 20 hours for Young Learner classes
- The timetable means that most teachers teach either over 5 days each week or 4 days with 1 (non-teaching) work day. YL classes run on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.Young learner courses are delivered across all three life stages
- Early Years, Primary and Secondary. Early Years is currently only delivered in our Agouza centre but there are plans for its introduction in Heliopolis this September.
- The adult programme is primarily general English with some conversation and IELTS preparation classes.
- The training team is rapidly becoming the hub of training in the MENA region and operates both internal and external training courses.
- Higher Teachers provide operational and academic support to the adult, YL and training programmes.
- This may involve providing academic support to teachers in terms of coaching and mentoring, delivering INSETTs.
- They also need to liaise with the YLA coordination Officer to provide information about YLA human resource needs and with the country-wide YL team.
This is an excellent post for teachers with some experience of academic management to get their teeth into running a large, well-developed programme.
2 to 4 years
Not Specified at least