- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Teaching Centres in Egypt run three YL winter block terms of 10 weeks each through the year followed by intensive courses in the summer months.
- Teachers are contracted to teach 25 contact hours per week - including breaks taken during each class.
- The timetable means that most teachers teach either over 5 days each week or 4 days with 1 (non-teaching) work day. YL classes run on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and we are looking to expand into weekday mornings too.
- Young learner courses are delivered across all three life stages – Early Years, Primary and Secondary.
- Programme Managers are normally timetabled to teach YL classes and may on occasion be asked to teach/cover YL or adult classes as operationally required.
- YL Programme Managers are also expected to support the training team in delivering In Service Teacher Training sessions (INSETTs) and provide mentoring support for the Teacher Support Programme.
- They are also expected to serve as Duty Officer during the busy Young Learner weekends, and to be a point of liaison for parents, teachers and students.
- They are also expected to attend regular YL team meetings and to contribute to the country wide development of the programmes.
This is an excellent post for experienced Young Learner teachers looking to take on additional programme management responsibilities.
3 to 4 years
Not Specified at least