- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description Of Key Result Areas Of Department
- To assist in accomplishing of construction and sandfill activities, Ensure optimal operation and timely completion of assigned Job.
- To execute sandfill activities related to dredging, reclamation, rockworks/ civil marine projects within deadline and budget available. Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on NMDC's business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day site sandfill activities of the the assigned project; develops new trends, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Supervise on positioning / relocation of sinker and floating lines for vessel/barge.
- Monitoring of floating pipe line and reporting if needs rectification and commence activity.
- Coordinate with dreger and dredge superintendent requirement on dredging areas activities.
- Supervise the various reclamation site activities.
- Taking pipe measurements onshore and off shore on regular basis and indicated when pipes had to be turned.
- Assisting on reclamation activities in as placing, laying on various location instructed by Superintendent.
- Manage the crew plus all related equipment, introducing and applying the necessary procedures to maintain the most precise working environment.
- Optimum utilization of resources to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project.
- Ensure that crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents the misuse of equipment, materials and tools.
- Supervises and ensure the safety of all workers and the work is performed under safe manner by compliance to HSE requirements and should lead by example.
- Ensure familiarity with and maintain awareness, enforces strict compliance with all safety procedures, related to safe operations, apply latest industry codes and standards including statutory rules and regulations.
- Provide accurate information to the supervisor/superintendent on works done/ performance, accidents/ delays, status of assets and work forecasts aligned with project requirements.
- Provide guidance towards juniors; escalate to the superiors if issues cannot be solved.
- Cooperate constructively and efficiently with the crew on a regular basis.
- Recommend to the superintendent optimal development opportunities for the crew
- Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Bachelor degree or diploma or an equivalent professional qualification or an equivalent professional experience.
- Certification / Membership: STCW
Function Specific Experience
- Be able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Simulate a result-oriented organizational culture by regularly sharing the division's performance and results.
- Take ownership of own objectives agreed upon and of the objectives of the division.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to external client needs in order to meet business priorities.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the organization.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly orally and in writing.
- Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Be able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other divisions/ department interfaces
Industry Related Experience
- Dredging - preferred
- Marine Construction
Years Of Experience
- 5+ years or relevant experience.
- Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works safely and efficiently
Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- Microsoft Office is an asset
- Flexibility: being longer period of time on duty
- Passing physical fitness from AD Health Service Co. SEHA is mandatory.
- Physical examinations and investigation test (ADMA) will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas projects.
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC