- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Backup Engineer is responsible for the implementation and operational support of Commvault software. The successful candidate is responsible for job scheduling, management and troubleshooting on various technologies and architectures include NAS, SAN, Tape Libraries and Cloud Storage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The backup and recovery team member support the data protection of the customer environment.
- Provide operational support of backup infrastructure.
- Provide and analyze daily, weekly and monthly backup reports.
- Review backup capacity and utilization trending.
- Provide system expansion recommendations to support data growth.
- Create and maintain operational documentation as required for all aspects of the data protection service.
- Identify areas to improve operational effectiveness and work with project teams deploy/upgrade backup solutions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BS/MS degree in Information technology, engineering or related subject
- Proficiency with VMware ESXi and vSphere.
- Proficiency with HyperV environments.
- Familiarity with AD, DNS, Powershell, Firewalls, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, and other products.
- Basic proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Basic proficiency in Windows system administration.
- Experience with MS SQL,MS Exchange and MS SharePoint.
- Veeam or any backup s/w backup experience/certification a plus.
- Knowleged of tape, disk technologies and backup methodologies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. VISIO experience a plus.
About this Company
Our general philosophy of business at eSky IT is that we provide our customers with what they exactly need, when they need it, nothing less but often more.
See all Careers and Jobs at eSky IT
We work with you one-on-one to maintain a low-pressure personal relationship to see you and your customers...