- Experience Needed:
- More than 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Description Of Key Result Areas Of Department
- To source suppliers, evaluate offers and negotiate contracts for the supply of goods and services so as to minimize the total cost of ownership and any contractual risks, whilst maximizing value for money and providing a service responsive to the needs an.
- To work collaboratively with all departments within NMDC to implement procurement strategies and methodologies which maximize
- value for money whilst minimizing risks and maintaining the appropriate quality of goods and services.
- To operate NDMC cost-effectively requires commensurate with the technical and service requirements, and the security required by the business.
Description of Activities And Key Responsibilities Of The Function:
Purchasing and materials activities:
- Manages day-to-day functioning of Purchasing Division
- Review purchase orders to ensure adherence to quality and procedures.
- Ensures that re-ordering the stock is carried out on daily basis as required to maintain adequate stock levels of parts for production.
- Understands assembly process thoroughly to ensure that the material is delivered just in time.
- Participates in the creation of forecasts, and relates those to production programs and stock required for the daily production round.
- Represents purchasing in discussions and strategies aimed at improving overall integration of purchasing, assets, and accounts payable.
- Liaise with Technical department when creating new products or in matters relating to product specification.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or suitable materials.
- Reviewing the technical specifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Overseeing the technical and QA requirements on all items (materials, components and parts) to ensure that purchased items meet design requirements.
- Managing the shipping, handling and storage requirements on components to ensure high quality items are received and issued to the appropriate department.
- Support & Coordinating with the various departments for Procurement of Common Raw Materials & Packaging Materials.
- Coordinate with various departments for smooth functioning of departmental activity, particularly with technical and operations department.
- Rate contracts/tendering/market survey and data of prices for ready reckoning and instant estimations.
- Prepares, monitors and controls department business plans / budgets.
- Supplier Management and Vendor Sourcing and Analysis.
- Undertakes Vendor Analysis & Development of new Vendors.
- Identifies early suppliers for company components, concepts and production program.
Educational Qualifications Certifications
- Technical / Engineering Bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification.
Industry Related Experience
- Knowledge of Dredging / Civil Marine industry.
- Years of experience 12 years’ experience or relevant.
- Excellent communication / Language skills
- Required: English
- Arabic and any other language is an asset.
- IT skills
- Microsoft Office
- Oracle ERP
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent persuasive skills
- Client focus
- Passing Physical fitness from Abu Dhabi Health Services Co. SEHA, is mandatory. Physical examinations and investigations tests (ADMA), will be required before working at offshore Oil and Gas Projects
About this Company
The National Marine Dredging Company is one of the leading companies providing Dredging, Reclamation, and Marine construction projects in the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at NMDC