- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Report To: Supply Chain Manager
Scope of the Job: MRP & Demand planning throughout the company supply Chain.
- The Demand Planning position we are looking for will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products.
- The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). This position is the talent pool for the Senior Demand Planner, and Demand Planning Manager positions within the Organization.
- Responsible for the supply and demand cycles through collaboration with Sales and Production throughout the goods value chain.
- Determining & maintaining the optimum level of the Material for production operations, finished goods stocks, other support service materials in the light of the overall business strategy·
- Responsible for Inventory control·
- Responsible for scheduling all issued work orders depend on the availability of the raw material & finish goods, delivery terms, the capacity & the optimum level of production·
- Responsible for MRP module within the ERP system.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Determine and develop appropriate analytical frameworks, approaches, and models.
- Investigate irregularities and variances between forecasted information and actual information.
- Address supply and demand related challenges using the appropriate problem-solving and investigation method.
- Frequently read text in both print and non-print media trend, economic, and statistical information, trade magazines, newsletters, purchasing and inventory documentation, agreements and contracts, performance reports, consumer report.
- Decisions are made in line with the strategy of the organization.
- Participate in strategic decisions.
- Make decisions with market, economic, social, and political environments taken in to account
About this Company
Asfour Mining and Refractories is one of the leading manufacturers for refractory products and solutions in the MENA region. The company prides itself with a strong sense of ethical commitment to the environment and seeks to continue developing and innovating in this field....
See all Careers and Jobs at Asfour for Mining and Refractories