- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Senior geographic information systems (GIS) specialists are responsible for analyzing geospatial production information and techniques and processing geographical information with specialized software. They may also manage geo-spatial endeavours and remote sensing tasks and typically use a personal computer to input coordinates, write reports, and run calculations based on their observations. Proficiency with different programming languages is necessary for this position to create scripts and run the code.
- Senior GIS specialists should work well in a team setting with other information systems professionals to relay important geographic data while reading diagrams, drawings, and complex maps, and they usually work with a centralized management system and serve as mentors for other GIS specialists. They also process information to improve different services related to geographic regions and utilize mapping tools, design software, and manipulate land information to maximize output.
- These specialists may participate in company meetings to suggest new ways to promote and advertise offerings and increase company revenue, as well as process new regions to change products and manufacturing behaviours. They may use coordinates for plotting devices and update databases using analysis support, and they must strive to reach all company objectives under strict deadlines. A bachelor's degree in software development or a related field and relevant prior experience are required for this position, and industry certifications are also helpful.
- Support and manage GIS applications based on growing business demands.
- Plan and coordinate GIS activities to meet outlined goals.
- Develop quality control standards for system application
- Analyze and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Perform data capture and analysis for GIS product.
- Oversee data flow, management and distribution activities to support GIS.
- Support in designing and creating geospatial database.
- Manage geospatial database and develop maps and aerial photography.
- Maintain geospatial documentations for reference purposes.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Work in compliance with GIS standards and quality policies.
- Provide technical guidance to GIS user when needed.
- Assist technical team in system design and development.
- Stay abreast with latest developments in GIS field.
- Support in developing work plan for complex projects.
- Utilize GIS software and tools to produce complex analyses and interpretations.
- Document information and database schemas and audit contents of databases.
- Design databases and interfaces, working with end users to ensure usability.
- Input, integrate, validate and update data sets, identifying gaps.
1 to 2 years
Not Specified at least
Computer and Network Security Computer Hardware Computer Software
About this Company
ITS Eagles is a professional Information Technology Solutions and training provider ,Our team is consultants have the skills, methods and tools to help the client in adapting to the market demand
See all Careers and Jobs at ITS Eagles