- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Data Center Lead Facilities Engineer will have a deep knowledge and understanding of a Tier 4 2N electrical and mechanical infrastructure and its key integration points in supporting mission critical infrastructures.
This role serves as a Level 2 Lead Facilities Engineer and provides technical oversight and guidance to the Level 1 Facilities Team. The Data Center lead Facilities Engineer duties and responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direction, guidance, training to Facility Engineers, contractors and vendors to ensure the smooth operation of Visa data Centers
- Develops and provides ongoing support for projects and takes corrective action to resolve issues.
- Oversees technical product and system site improvements to assure they meet Visa’s expectations relating to cost and function
- Support service delivery organizations to ensure contracted service level agreements and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Continuously review operational guidelines recovery, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures for all electrical, mechanical and controls systems.
- Establish relationships with vendors and suppliers to obtain quotes for maintenance and upgrades.
- The ability to build, maintain and evaluate vendor relationships for quality and cost
- Define policies, standard practices for the installation, repair and maintenance of critical facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented.
- Detailed knowledge of Visa Co-Locations Service Providers electrical, cooling and control systems.
- Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities and performance.
- Provide design leadership for new facilities and existing site improvement projects.Drive continuous improvement in operations, cost, and quality performance.
- Review existing procedures and implement needed additional maintenance processes.Record facility problems, analyze data, work orders, tickets, and prepare proposals and reports.
- Work other projects/assignments as operational demands change.
- Develop compelling fact-based recommendations in written and presentation form using data, graphics, and effective storytelling to communicate insights and implications for decision making.
About this Company
The iHub is a non-for-profit entity that aims at increasing the hands-on experience and boosting innovation within students. The iHub exists at Ain Shams, Cairo, Alexandria and Minia Universities The iHub partners with many industry companies and startups in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at iHub