- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A head teacher is the most senior teacher and leader of the nursery:
- Responsible for the education of all pupils, management of staff, and for nursery policy making.
- Head teachers are ultimately responsible for the smooth running of a nursery, the academic achievement of its pupils and the management of its staff.
- Head teachers lead, motivate and manage staff by delegating responsibility, setting expectations and targets and evaluating staff performance against them.
- It is a job which requires a strong presence around a nursery and in some cases the local community, as well as a certain amount of desk work.
- Some head teachers have a few teaching responsibilities, but in general the large proportion of their work is the day-to-day management and administration of the nursery in order to create a productive, disciplined learning environment. Specifically, the head teacher’s main responsibilities involve:
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the nursery and policies for their implementation
- Working with governors and senior colleagues to deploy staff effectively and recruit new staff
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- Ensuring the nursery is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies
- Managing accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
- Assuming responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the nursery
About this Company
Babyboo is an English & French nursery where you can trust to shape your children's future.We are following the early
See all Careers and Jobs at Babyboo Nursery
year education system and also jolly phonics.We have designed our nursery environments to be cosy and exciting and they are structured in such a way as...