Skills And Tools:
The primary purpose of the role
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting entries and carrying out necessary tasks for accurate data
entries including but not limited to PO reconciliation, expenses follow-up, bank reconciliation,
inventories, AP invoices, and AR & AP payments recording.
- This role is a key part of the Egyptian Accounting team. The role will be responsible for
accurate monthly accounting in local systems based on the Senior Accountant’s instructions. The
role requires the ability to understand and apply specific business knowledge in an effort to
anticipate potential problems and force timely resolutions. As there is frequent interaction with the
Subcluster Controller and the team in English, strong presentation and communication skills are
essential (both Arabic and English).
● Assist and provide accurate data as well as needed reports to deliver robust financial information
free from an error on a monthly basis.
● Ensure all assigned entries and tasks for month-end closing & all relevant reporting (monthly,
quarterly & annual) is completed in a timely manner & within US reporting deadlines for the
● Responsible for the production of the accounting reports for the country and any other ad-hoc
the report requested by the global accounting structure.
● Provide support to investigate and resolve accounting issues.
● Assist and actively participate in the regular balance sheet reviews for the Egyptian entity
(regularity of review dependent on the importance of the country and size of previous accounting issues).
● Accountable for ensuring compliance with IM group accounting policies, US GAAP and SOX.
Collaborating with and supporting Cluster Finance Director and Controller in ensuring ongoing
risk-based monitoring, design, and implementation of effective internal controls for the Country
including those in scope for the SOX.
● Play a key role in driving and supporting the effective operation of accounting in the country.
Identify any issues and propose resolutions. Provide support in any additional transition to the
outsourcing companies, or system implementation if occurs.
● Interact with local accounting companies, Audit & Tax Consultants, and tax public services.
● Ensure compliance with Local GAAP and US GAAP principles.
● Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external key
● Assistance to the Senior Accounting Team with regard to ad hoc requests and day-to-day activities
● Active participation in the PO and bank reconciliation process of the country.
● Assist and actively participate in the AR and AP invoice recording into the accounting software with
no material error on a monthly basis.
● Chartered Accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA or local equivalent) X
● Managing a General Ledger close for a large multinational
● Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
● Exposure to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley)
● Good understanding of Taxation (particularly VAT & WHT)
● Exposure to Expenses Accounting and a good understanding of cut
off and monthly closing.
● Experience working within a matrix organization .
● Proactive self-starter with proven problem-solving skill set
● Experience working in a shared service environment
● Excellent communicator with team-building skills
● Independent, proactive, and inspires to challenge the status quo
● Presence of character to command respect and build working
- Senior Financial Analysis Spec... - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Business Development Specialis... - New Cairo, Cairo2 days ago
- Accountant - Nasr City, Cairo1 month ago
- Collector - Heliopolis, Cairo2 months ago
- Accountant ( General Ladger) - Sharqia, Egypt1 month ago
- Accountant (Females Only) - Shubra, Cairo2 months ago
- Junior AccountantConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo4 days ago
- Junior AccountantConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo11 days ago