Give advice and report on all Administrative matters to the Director who is the chief functionary of the Institution.
Supervise and Guide Section heads and staff members working in the following sections of the institution:
• General Administration (in multiple locations)
• Human Resources including Recruitment, Induction, Training, Annual Appraisal, Discipline. (> 350 core, contract and outsourced staff)
• Accounting and Disbursement of Cash -Annual Budget INR 600 Million
• Stores and Purchase (Logistic Management)
• Estate / Infrastructure Management of the Institution which includes a Scientific Laboratory, Offices, Guest House and Canteen
• AMC’s for Office Equipment
• Transport (Fleet Management) , Visa and Airline Ticketing
• Library Services
• Medical Services
• Security Services
The detailed responsibilities provided in the area of Human Resources are:
Provide advice and support to managers and staff on Human Resource policy matters.
Identify vacancies, prepare vacancy announcement advertisements, review advertisements, review applications, provide shortlists, arrange and conduct interviews to select candidates
Monitor and evaluate recruitment
Supervise and monitor work of subordinates in carrying out all human resources connected administrative transactions – preparing of personnel actions, maintenance of staffing tables, processing of contracts
Interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules
Review policies and procedures and recommend necessary changes
Administer and advice on salary and related benefits, travel and social security entitlements
Induction and briefing of new staff, on job training's, career development, conduct of performance appraisals.
Perform other duties as and when required.
1. ESTABLISHMENT – Including Reception, Mail and Courier, Stationery, Issue of ID Cards.
2. PERSONNEL – Recruitment formalities, Induction, Training, Annual Appraisal, Leave, Discipline. Encompassing the entire HUMAN RESOURCES Function
3. STORES & PURCHASE: Well versed in all Purchase Procedures – Tendering and Annual Rate Contracts. Encompassing the entire LOGISTICS FUNCTION.
4. ESTATE: Take care of Estate requirements of a Scientific Laboratory incuding Guest House and Hostel
5. TRANSPORT, VISA AND TICKETING
6. All administrative Approvals and monitoring of Service agreements, AMC’s, Work Orders relating to all Engineering ( Civil and Electrical) activities at CDFD. Entering into Lease agreements for Office space and Staff requirements.
7. All other matters concerning GENERAL ADMINISTRATION including Housekeeping, Security, Telecommunication, Canteen, Reprographics and Library.
8. LIAISON WORK: Liaison with Government of India Ministries, Departments, other Research Institutes, CSIR, UGC, NGO’s. Also LIAISON OFFICER for Minorities, Scheduled Castes (SC’s) and Scheduled Tribes (ST’s.) Designated as CENTRAL PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER (CPIO) and DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC GRIEVANCES. Act as a FOCAL POINT.
Administration, Human Resources, Operations/Management
As Administrator worked as senior most team member after the Managing Director. Task assigned includes overall management of the credit and savings program of SHARE.
Integration of Field Operations, Finance, Planning, Monitoring and Personnel Departments.
Liasioning with donor agencies/ Financial Institutions for the various Grants / Loans. This includes the entire process of planning, receipt, implementation, monitoring, controlling and reporting aspects.
Other Activities Undertaken
• Liasioning and coordinating with the various important visitors who visit SHARE both at Head Office and in the field area of operation. During the period was actively associated with visitors from IFAD, Church of Sweden, IFPRI, CHOICE Humanitarian, SIDBI Foundation, EDA Rural Systems, NABARD, Bridge Foundation, SEWA, FWWB and also CARE - India
• Instrumental in coordinating the various activities of a MFI Network – INDNET including the conduct of a two day workshop for NGO’s desirous of setting up MFI’s on the lines of SHARE sponsored by HABITAT POLYTECH. Capacity building of Network members.
• Conducting and co-ordinating a two week Training programme for HUDCO Trainee Officer’s in Microfinance ( 2nd - 14th August, 1999.)
• Attending National Workshops on behalf of SHARE such as:
National Workshop on Rural Development through Participatory
Approach, Ananthapur (January 30 –31, 1999),
National Workshop on AP Womens Fund,
Hyderabad (June 17 –18, 1999)
Undergone 1 year Ground Duty Officers’ Course Training at Air Force Academy, Dundigal, Hyderabad.
DETAILS OF EXPERIENCE
Total of eight years service in the Indian Air Force. Looking after administrative and accounting aspects of Air Force units having upto 1500 personnel, Managing estates of upto 1200 acres and transport fleet of 60-80 vehicles.
DESIGNATIONS HELD: STATION ADJUTANT, SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, OFFICER IN CHARGE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY OFFICER AND SENIOR ACCOUNTS OFFICER.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
• Overall responsibility of all Administrative and Accounting aspects of the Air Force base
• Overall responsibility of Personnel Function – including maintenance and updation of service documents of all personnel, recruitment to fill authorised vacancies, on job training and detailing for training courses.
• Vetting Appraisal and performance reports of personnel ; Annual Confidential Reports.
• Maintenance of Security and Discipline of personnel.
• Handling Protocol and reception of Indian and Foreign dignitaries both Military and Civil including Heads of State. Looking after accommodation, Security and associated arrangement including tie up with State and Central Governments.
• Dealing and Liaisoning with Senior bureaucrats in Secretariat of State Government in Punjab and Andhra Pradesh.
• Liaison with Civil Authorities such as Civil Administration, Police Authorities, Fire Services and Civil Intelligence Agencies. Also liaison with Civil Services Sectors such as DOT (BSNL), P&T, Railways, Airport etc.,
• Involvement from conception till completion stage of multifaceted building requirements such as Residential, Official, Institutional and buildings specific to Defence requirements. Carrying out the necessary maintenance activities.
• Entire management of office requirements which included conversion from Manual to Computerized environment.
• Financial Forecasting, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, Compilation of Accounts, Internal Audit and Financial Advice.
• Active involvement in Purchase Committees for procurement of Capital Assets as well as spares and consumables – had close interaction with various Suppliers and Contractors.
• Overall review of transport provisioning deployment and management of related funds.