• Managed business process transformation and business rules transformation projects for many Islamic banks using IBM BPM & IBM ODM in different business areas: Account Opening, Local Share Finance, Auto Leasing, Finance origination for Auto, Finance origination for Sukuk. Finance origination for Credit Card.
• Worked with important customers like: Al Hilal Bank in UAE, Bank AlBilad, Bank AlJazira and Ministry of Higher Education in KSA.
• Managed the relationship with clients throughout projects duration and acted as the main point of contact with the client, as part of the engagement management responsibilities.
• Mentored architecture, analysis, design, and implementation of the transformation projects using previously gained technical experience to assure customer satisfaction.
Al Hilal Bank (02/2013 to date)
Managed transformation program, targeting to accomplish a design and an implement of an optimized business process for “Account Opening”, “Auto Finance origination”, “Sukuk origination” and “Credit Card origination” applications.
Improved quality and customer service with respect to accuracy and timelines of the financing processes.
Improved the ability to perform a quick response to the continuously changing market and customer needs
Ministry of Higher Education – KSA (11/2012–01/2013)
This project goal was to unify and simplifying work procedures followed in the educational missions system, as currently each country had different process and different rule set, although they were very similar.
I was playing the role of Business rules analyst for business process and rules transformation.
Bank Al Bilad (08/2012–11/2012)
Account / Project Manager for Local Share Finance origination and Auto lease using IBM BPM 7.2 & ODM 8.0.
Bank Al AlJazira (07/2012–08/2012)
Installation project for 4 environment for IBM BPM 8.0 &ODM 8.0.
SAPiT (IBM Business Partner ) (multinational)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Information Technology Services, Information Technology Services, Banking
Senior Project Manager / IBM ILOG (ODM) Services Leader
IT/Software Development, Operations/Management
10/2010–06/2012 Senior Project Manager / IBM ILOG (ODM) Services Leader IBM, Egypt
Reason for switching to this job: Promotion within same company.
• Led the business rules transformation services team in IBM Cairo lab using IBM ILOG JRules Business Rules Management Systems.
• Managed ILOG JRules V7.1, V7.0 projects as technical project manager and worked as business rules analyst.
• Worked as consultant for customers in Dubai, Turkey, South Africa, Greece, KSA, Jordan, and Qatar
Vision 2015 DNRD (02/2011–05/2011)
Vision 2015 is a large program initiated by Department of Naturalization and Residency of Dubai (DNRD) to automate all its residency and visa operations by the year 2015.
We faced many challenges, such as limited budget , very tight schedule, and all development activities had to be done onsite.
I was playing dual role, Project Manager and Rule Analyst, and acting as the engagement manager from IBM side. Therefore, he had to manage multiple stakeholders: IBM services sales, IBM sales, GBM, and Emaratech.
After delivery, I was awarded “IBM Client Value Outstanding Technical Achievement Award”.
MOI Qatar Accelerated Value Leader (3/2012-6/2012)
As an IBM AVL for WebSphere and FileNet I was the single point of contact within the IBM support organization, managing MOI support relationship with IBM for MOI covered IBM SW.
Helping MOI to choose the correct SW by presenting on monthly basis information on the future direction of IBM software.
PMO (MENA) projects (05/2011–10/2011)
Managed offshore and onsite consultants from deal initiation to contact signing for TDC at MENA (Middle East & North Africa)
KSA Zain KSA (Teleco) ILOG Project (06/2011 - 07/2011)
This was a team building engagement. Started by Instructing IBM ILOG course to the team and continued by coaching and assisting the customer team in capturing and authoring the business rules and in putting the architecture & the design of the BRMS part in the project based on IBM ISIS methodologies and helped them in fixing all technical problems.
• Directed all phases of software projects, from proposal creation until delivery including planning, budgeting, team selection and quality assurance efforts.
• Interfaced with customers to gather and evaluate project requirements, set project plans and milestones and maintained positive customer relations.
• Supervised the work of 11 team members directly and remotely, offering constructive feedback on their work performance.
• Developed executive presentations and reports to facilitate project evaluation and process improvement.
• Served two of the biggest Automotive companies in France & Europe: PSA (Peugeot Citroën) & Valeo.
IBM - GBS France & PSA (Peugeot Citroën) (09/2009–07/2010)
Peugeot & Citroën car diagnostic tool development
Project Manager for a Team of 12 developers (in Egypt & France), working to Deliver the car diagnostic tool to PSA (Peugeot Citroën)
Valeo France(automotive products and services) (05/2008–08/2009)
Playing dual responsibility of Project Manager and Technical lead for a Team of 5 developers Maintaining & upgrading 3 of Valeo internal tools: Supplier Relationship Management, Web Procurement, and Supplier Monitoring.
• Led technical teams (using Java & WebSphere)
• Was responsible for infrastructure administration tasks (for IBM Servers, Linux, DB2 WebSphere application Server, WebSphere clustering & load balancing )
Handling dual responsibilities
1. Technical Lead (using Java & WebSphere) & Infrastructure
Analyzing effort performance parameters and implementing improvements based upon data collated. Supporting process improvements.
Assisting in preparing proposals (effort estimation and time planning)
Developing and maintaining plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
Designing and coding screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
Analyzing codes to find causes of errors and revising programs.
Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions.
Creating and implementing policies and procedures, system problem solving and mentoring other team members.
Understanding basic analysis and design methodologies and implementing them on an assigned task.
Criticizing and suggesting corrections for work.
Communicating major problems, breakthroughs and solutions to the Project Manager.
Understanding and respecting deadlines.
Attending staff and project meetings and reporting achievements.
Performing additional tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
2. Administrator (for IBM Servers , Linux , DB2 WebSphere application Server, WebSphere clustering & load balancing )
Performing and managing administration of mission critical systems, performing backups, and supporting complex technical issues.
Installing, configuring, and providing ongoing administrative and technical support
Monitoring reliability of infrastructure and operating systems, anticipate problems before they occur, and diagnose and resolve problems as needed
• Led the development section for the council by doing the System Analysis, Architectural design and the development of several systems (Portal, Time attendance, Progress reporting, Forums Using (Asp.net, VB.net, JSP, ASP, VB6, Oracle 9i DB, Sql Server)
• Member of RFP preparation committee and bids review committee
• Content management module for the NCW Site
• Arabic women forum Site (www.ncwwbdc.org.eg/montada) (a site concerning the event in Cairo with live data update)
• Committees Meetings Site (www.ncwwbdc.org.eg/ibm-project ) (a site concerning organizing the Committees' meetings, with forums for remote data update and retrieve)
• Employee Progress system (www.ncwwbdc.org.eg/progress ) (a system for making progress reports for employees)
• Ncw Portal (www.ncwwbdc.org.eg/ncw-intranet2)
• Ncw Calendar (www.ncwwbdc.org.eg/ncw-intranet ) (a system for making a calendar for the meetings of the employees and the conferences )
• Ncw library data migration tool (a module for collecting data from our library from a 3rd party system and make it available online)
• Http module for time attendance (a desktop module for communicating with time attendance machines _finger prints_ using http protocol and capturing it's data)
• Arabic search generic tool for any website (a tool used to allow full text search in any Arabic or English website using the wizard only)