Planning, Import procurement and Logistics section Head
• Deputy of Supply Chain and Planning Manager.
• Review and update department procedures.
• Review and update department KPIs.
• Review and update department Job descriptions and work load.
• Monitor staff performance, and make staff appraisal per quarter.
• Handling complaints (from both staff and customers).
• Collecting, analysis, and summarize department reports
• Monitoring the warehouse stocks.
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
• Monitor the material requirement planning according to average monthly consumption rate.
• Making procurement forecast for 3 months to be reviewed and confirmed monthly.
• Arranging weekly procurement meeting to review needed orders and open orders.
• Sending monthly report for ABC analysis to top management.
• Sending monthly report for non-moving items and slow moving items to reduce the inventory.
• Define technical specs of needed row material with our R&D Manager.
• Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships.
• Negotiate prices, payment term, shipping term, shipment date, with our suppliers.
• Review sourcing material with the team.
• Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries.
• Follow up material delivery and shipping details.
• Follow up original Docs arrival and send it to our clearance agent.
• Follow up clearance agent till we receive the material in our warehouse.
• Strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
• Review received material quantity with our Warehouse to be the same as the invoice.
• Preparing payments plan for our orders and report it to our financial department and review it weekly.
• Follow up the supplier payment with our financial department.
• Review status of our shipments and tanks.
• Claim any defect in shipment or material shortage to our supplier.
• Review received invoices from our freight forwarders and clearance agent to be as agreed and with original receipts.
• Follow up freight forwarders payments with financial department.
• Examine and test existing contracts.
• Evaluate our suppliers and freight forwarders according to service level.
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
o Problem solving: Identifying problems and reviewing related information, find best solutions and alternatives, and then analyze the root cause in order to prevent repeating the same problem.
o Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of myself, and my team to make improvements or take corrective action.
o Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
o Communication Skills: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the each subject in short arranged sentences.
o Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
o Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others, and arranging tasks priorities.
o Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
o Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
o Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior, and lead by example.
o Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
o Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
o Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people
• Deputy of Logistics Manager.
• Follow up daily MRP tasks (CKD, LC, Consumables, and GPS) with the team.
• Collecting all data that may affect the production line and report it daily in the morning meeting to the logistics manager.
• High light all issues that may affect the production after long time, and the problems we face to be solved,
• Monitor staff performance.
• Ensure material availability according to production plan.
• Understanding and follow internal process indicators and targets.
• CKD Task: after receiving the defected material report or shortage material report, make Claim/Order on GPS.
• Entering it to SAP module related to our communication with Daimler.
• Communicate the Claims / Orders with concerning teams in Daimler, and getting expected dates for shipping.
• Make robbing for all shortage parts immediately in order not to affect the production line follow.
• Follow up the Claim/Order Status on SAP till receiving invoice no. of shipped parts.
• Communicate invoices no.s with purchasing team for clearance, and getting expected arrival date.
• Distribute arrived invoices to concerning section, and highlight delivered parts which is affecting production in time.
• Report the total shortage of every model and advise to change the production sequence if needed according to the shortage.
• Consumable task: Monitoring the warehouse stocks.
• Monitor of planning to get the consumable materials on the due time of production with the needed quantities in order to avoid stopping on the production line, take in consideration the expiry dates of the materials.
• Monitor specified the (Re-order Point and Safety Stock) according to the lead time, consumption rate, Shelf life, and the Min. Order Quantity.
• Monitoring Classify row materials according to ABC system.
• Monitoring any increasing or decreasing in the consumption rates for all materials and send a notification for this change to investigate with the production team.
• Monitoring Open orders with MRP team to insure receiving material in needed time or highlight that it may affect the productivity.
• Monitoring and follow-up scrapping the obsolete and expired materials in order to reduce the inventory.
• LC Task: Monitor all transactions of LC Materials and Follow up LC delivery.
• Monitoring and review issuing LC Call-Off (Local material delivery plan) to the suppliers and Follow up the receiving of LC material.
• Monitoring the Follow up sheet of the received LC materials, and report the undelivered material in scheduled time.
• Monitoring the DMR status until the delivery in order not to affect the production.
• Insure making needed robbing to production.
• ERP System task: To co-ordinate between all departments for car parts assembly in GP system.
• Opening new card ID for new material on GPS.
• Issuing material lot by lot.
• Cars assembly process in manufactory module.
• Solving material shortage facing the assembly process of cars on GP System.
• Releasing needed cars on GPS System.
• Responsible of supporting new projects in Logistics tasks.
a. Problem solving: Identifying problems and reviewing related information, find best solutions and alternatives, and then analyze the root cause in order to prevent repeating the same problem.
b. Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of myself, and my team to make improvements or take corrective action.
c. Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
d. Communication Skills: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the each subject in short arranged sentences.
e. Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
f. Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others, and arranging tasks priorities.
g. Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
h. Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
i. Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior, and lead by example.
j. Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
k. Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
l. Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
Benz Egyptian German Automotive company (EGA) (multinational)
• Importing the computer accessories and electronic devices from China with for brand "Infinity" (such as LCD, Flash memory, Digital Camera, Mp3&Mp4, fm transmitter, subwoofer, TV-Box, CD, Case, Keyboard & mouse,….etc.).
• Searching the web for new factories in China which specialized in computer accessories, electronics and networking.
• Searching for new invents which could be added to our line.
• Contact various vendors by E-mail to find best prices and quality for every item.
• Price negotiation according to the quantity, product quality, packing and market accepted price.
• Negotiating terms of payment, try to reach to best payment way.
• Sending the purchase order after confirming all items (Designs, models, Prices, terms of payment,…Etc.)
• Follow up with the factories through the manufacturing period.
• Once they finish production, check the finished goods pictures.
• Follow up payment dates, and arrange payment on time.
• Analyze market status and needs, analyze stock move, accordingly arrange plans for next orders.
• Follow up with sales team and sales manager, customer feedback about the products, then begin to arrange for new order according to the purchasing plan.
• Follow up with our departments and Stock to find out which products we need to purchase.
• Follow up with maintenance to avoid any defects could be in our products.
• Searching for new products which could be useful to the market.
• Once the order is almost ready, I begin to arrange with the shipping company to ship the goods, or collect ready goods in one place then ship it to fit one container.
• Prepare needed documents(such as invoice, packing list, certificate of Origin) to receive the shipment from the port.
• Once the order received in our stock, I check it as quality and packing, to avoid any mistakes in new orders.
• Searching the web for new factories in China which specialized in computer accessories & network.
• Contact them through E-mail to find best prices for every item.
• Price negotiation according to the quantity, product quality, packing and market status.
• Sending the purchase order after agreeing on best prices for all items.
• Follow up with our departments and Stock to find out which products we need to purchase.
• Arranging shipments with shipping agent.
• Follow up the shipment till it reaches to our port.
• Receive requests and classify it according to product and vendor.
• Contact the vendor to get the product prices.
• Try to find best price from the vendors and compare their prices to find out who we'll buy the product from.
• Find out the product availability, delivery time, warranty and terms of payment.
• Send the Purchase order according to the purchasing manager approval, prices should be as budget limit.
• Searching the market for new vendors and new products in computer field.
• Contact them to know their Business, See their company profile and website.
• Try to make an agreement between their company & our company.
• Responsible for the imports operations, sending & receiving E-mails from the agents & the contacts.
• Collecting best rates for the imports.
• Preparing the offer & send it to the client.
• Follow up with the clients until they receive their freight.
ArabicAutomotiveBenz Egyptian German Automotive Company (EGA)Business-orientedChemicalsCommunicationComputer HardwareComputer NetworkingElectronics And SemiconductorsEnglishForeign Purchasing And LogisticsImport And ExportInternetLeaderLogisticsMRPManufacturingMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OutlookMicrosoft WordNegotiatorOperation SupervisorOperationsOrganizedPlannerPlanning, Import Procurement And Logistics Section HeadProblem SolverProcurementProductionPurchasing And Logistics SpecialistPurchasing And Logistics SupervisorPurchasing ManagerSocialisingSupply ChainSupply Chain Section Head (MRP)Team BuildingTeam WorkToeflTransportationTravelingWindowsWork With Chalenges