Skills And Tools:
We are looking for passionate individuals who are inspired to go the extra mile while cultivating professional relationships with colleagues and clients and are innovative to provide the best service in the audio visual market.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for acting as a technical sales engineer and negotiate the terms and conditions for the sale, installation, and/or integration of audio visual and related control equipment. requiring a strong understanding of audio visual principles, practices and design. The Sales Engineer must have substantial communication skills to interface with clients, architects, contractors, project managers and company staff. This role will work directly with Customers, Sales.
- Research, design and engineering from simple to complex AV systems.
- Generate functional line drawing for audio, video, control and communication systems
- Extensive knowledge of signal flow for audio, video, control, and networking
- Assist the sales team in developing proposals and estimates
- Proactively manage change orders and processing
- Effectively coordinate with project managers on project details
- Continuous education on design practices and new product knowledge
- Attend sales meetings and job walks
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Be successful in building relationships with clients and possess a strong customer service attitude. Feel interest, confidence, and creditability in the solutions being presented.
- Lead and assist the sales and project team with the design and development of high-end audio visual collaboration solutions unitizing the latest control system, video conferencing, unified communications, and video streaming solutions.
- Respond to RFP’s and develop written quotations, system designs, and schematics.
- Working knowledge and design experience with Unified Communications systems as well as video streaming and video conferencing solutions are required.
- Experience with technology sales and installation procedures to colleges, universities, corporate, enterprises and government customers.
- Knowledge of current technology and trends in the audio visual field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with in the audiovisual industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in engineering & design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.