Skills And Tools:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Translate designs and wire frames into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin/Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with third-party libraries such as Retrofit , Socket i.o and Realm database.
- Familiarity with Google services.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development prefer Kotlin
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.