Skills And Tools:
DUTIES, ROLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN EXECUTIVE ENGINEER
An Executive engineer involves in a crucial role and saddles with a lot of responsibilities in the planning and execution of a project. He performs the following functions and roles:
- Assist the client, professionals, and other stakeholders in planning how to execute and implement a project. This is very important as adequate planning makes its execution to be easy and stress-free to give the best result.
- Supervise and coordinate all other engineers and assistant engineers, thereby ensuring proper execution of the project
- Ensure that the project is executed properly with the limited amount of resources available. Using the previous knowledge, he ensures the strategic project plan is effectively executed using a joint effort of all production factors.
- He manages the project budget frequently relates with the project engineer on the project’s progress. The executive engineer quickly rectifies any challenges or problems.
- He coordinates the new employees’ training on the conduct and the requirements of the task they are employed in and enlightens them about the company terms and conditions.
- He ensures the health and safety of all the employees in the project execution are secured. He ensures that all workers are insured with an insurance company. If any employee is indisposed, he ensures that such an individual receives treatment with enough time to recover.
- He works with the finance and accounting department on the payment of the employee wages and salary.
- He must keep detailed and explicit records of every administrative activity. Such records must be documented and kept for future reference.
- He is part of making the decision on the purchase of machines, materials, and equipment needed for the execution of the project.
- He ensures that the interest of the client is a priority at all times. Detailed and relevant advice can be offered for the proper execution of the project.
- He must have a degree in any engineering course in an accredited university with a diploma in any business administration courses.
- A master’s degree in any related engineering field is an additional advantage.
- Must have 10 years of working experience in the engineering field with additional working experience in the administrative department In a related firm or another relevant field.
- Must have a deep and explicit knowledge of the project to be administered.
- Must be intelligent and skillful, not a shy and sluggish type.
- Must be computer literate and have first-class knowledge in any relevant computer software needed for the administration and execution of the required project.
- Must possess managerial, leadership, and administrative skill coupled with a sense of orderliness.
- Must possess good and fascinating communication skills.
- Must also be a good listener because as an administrator, he/she deals with people of different personalities.
- Must be factual, accurate, and prompt in decision-making.
- Must be skilled at working under pressure while giving cogent attention to important things in the administration.
- Must be an expert in time management in other to meet up with the limited time given by the clients.
- Must be economical and will need to supervise a project with limited resources available for better productivity.
- Must be confident in making the decision. He/she must not be partial in decision making.
- Must maintain good interaction and relationship with all other departments involved in a project. He must not be selfish and a lone ranger.
- Must be proactive and must be able to solve difficult problems within a given period of time.
- Business Development Manager-B...Confidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo2 days ago
- Planning ManagerConfidential Company - Damietta, Egypt4 days ago