Skills And Tools:
- Provide a first point of contact for student inquires at the Student Hub, greeting, welcoming, and directing inquiries appropriately.
- Handling student enquiries through; organising and managing different priorities, providing bespoke advice to students, staff and parents, as well as ad hoc problem solving and issue resolution.
- Liaising with Student Hub staff over organisation of sessions and appointments, room bookings, keeping detailed and accurate records of visitor requests as well as maintaining the reception area and common areas in a clean and tidy manner.
- To assist in the facilitation and organization of an independent and confidential self-referral counselling service to BUE students related to the emotional aspects of learning and welfare.
- Administrative oversight of all aspects of the referral service from the Student Hub to the
- Psychological Services Unit. Work closely with colleagues from the faculty of Arts and Humanities in the handling of cases.
- Work to support staff handling a diverse range of issues including, but not limited to; stress, depression, anxiety, exam panic, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, eating disorders, relationship issues, addictions, bereavement and loss.
- Assist in the management of an on-going caseload of students while keeping suitable confidential case records up to date and secure.
- Form part of the BUE institutional response to emergencies regarding students who are experiencing mental health crises and liaise with external emergency services as necessary.
- Act as a conduit between students, the University and external specialist medical support in instances of serious mental health challenges as necessary. Liaise with the Director of Student Servicesover cases that are deemed to need external referral, and ensure relevant internal stakeholders are kept informed of pertinent information.
- Provide guidance and information on the BUE counselling and wellbeing service and the role of the Assistant to students, parents, staff and senior post holders.
- Provide information on the boundaries of confidentiality to students, staff and parents.
- Work closely with colleagues within faculties and wider student services to ensure collaboration and leverage of existing support services and ensure appropriate overlap with the Student Hub.
- Assist in the promotion of the counselling and wellbeing services, as well as wider student support services, to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of all BUE students.
- Assist in the facilitation of bespoke workshops, seminars and talks on a range of subjects such as anxiety, stress, relationships, resilience and mindfulness run by the Psychological Services Unit.
- Produce written reports on numbers using the service outlying a general overview of the types of problems which the users of the service are presenting with and any recommendations.
- To have an awareness of national policies, issues and trends relating to young adults and their pastoral care.
- In conjunction with the Director of Student Services periodically review processes and procedures to ensure that they meet the needs of all students including Doctoral and postgraduate taught students.
- Be proactively involved in the planning, organisation and implementation of BUE Student Hub activities and initiatives as necessary.
- Produce and update material for publication on the student hub webpages and student portal, as well as print media.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required by the Director of Student Services as and when necessary.
- First Degree or equivalent (2.1. or First) (desirable)
- Professional qualification in Administration (desirable)
- An awareness of the range of needs of students dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
- An awareness of the range of needs of people from diverse social backgrounds.
- Experience of working in an HE environment.
- An awareness of the range of needs of individuals dealing with mental health problems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team working and influencing skills
- Highly organised, reliable, resilient and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to produce short written reports.
- Capacity to use IT systems to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- Knowledge of front of house services and excellent customer services.
- Document Controller - New Cairo, Cairo6 days ago
- Senior Property Consultant - R... - Sheikh Zayed, Giza6 days ago
- Executive Secretary - New Cairo, Cairo26 days ago
- HR Coordinator - Construction - 10th of Ramadan City, Sharqia9 days ago
- Executive Secretary - All Over... - Cairo, Egypt1 month ago
- Receptionist - Zaytoun, Cairo1 month ago
- Personal Assistant - (New Cair...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt2 months ago
- Executive Assistant/Secretary ... - Cairo, Egypt1 month ago
- Secretary - New Nozha, Cairo2 months ago
- Purchasing Coordinator - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo2 months ago
- Talent Acquisition SpecialistConfidential Company - 10th of Ramadan City, Sharqia9 days ago
- Office ManagerConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo2 days ago
- Office AdministratorConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo2 days ago