Skills And Tools:
Role Purpose: A Radio Planning tech lead will be a member of a team coordinated and supervised by a senior Team Leader and managed by the Radio Systems Sr Manager. This position can perform job requirements without any significant guidance or supervision
• As part of a regional team he/she will get acquainted with and contribute to the different aspects of radio planning and testing activities. Supporting the Radio planning senior team leader with network rollout activities and new products investigations as well as analysis and recommendations of network actions, process improvements and infrastructure deployment and maintaining the quality figures in the whole network from customer perception point of view as well as statistics point of view
• Come up with initiatives to improve Radio planning workflow Processes with external entities and cost saving initiatives as well.
• Participate in technical plans related to budget submissions
• Investigate and lead new products introduction.
Key Activities / Decision Areas
1. Radio planning Tools, Guidelines and Processes
• The tech lead should be expert with functioning of all the Radio planning tools and databases as well as the guidelines and processes used within the department.
2. Radio Network rollout activities
• High level planning of radio Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) sites to support the Coverage, Capacity and Quality targets.
• High level planning of 2G/3G expansions and upgraded to support Capacity and Quality targets.
• Participate in monitoring the progress of the BTS sites rollout activities from planning to activation for all types of Macro, Micro and Indoor cells.
• Fully aware of the products available from the vendor to support the design activities.
• Be intimately familiar with the terrain, topology and morphology of the areas of responsibilities.
3. Radio Network Capacity
• Participate in monitoring radio access network within the acceptable (2%) Grade of Service without over providing the access layer capacity.
• Monitoring traffic trends and taking proactive measures such as expansions of live sites and/or planning new sites to achieve this.
• Be aware of alternative techniques available to manage traffic.
4. Radio Network Quality
• Act as mentor for radio Engineering team in maintaining and improving the recognized network quality in the area of responsibility. This is done through:
1. Optimizing the BTS coverage footprint
2. Frequency planning the cells to achieve and exceed the C/Ic and C/Ia targets
3. Minimizing and maintaining the Congestion and Drop Call rates in co-operation with Performance Engineering team
4. Design and implement radio solution for reported customers coverage complaints through the GIS system
• Supporting the sales and marketing teams with emergency events and sales coverage issues within specified timescales
• Provide visibility and keep record of all activities in the area of responsibility. Contribute to weekly reports of the team’s activity.
• Report the progress of all technical plans according to budget submissions
• Coaching new team members and get them merged within the team
• Report the progress of new products investigations and trials using new techniques
6. Environmental / Legal Standards
Perform all previously mentioned duties and tasks in compliance with the environmental standards, legal requirements governing his/her area.
Be fully acquainted with the following:
• Vodafone Environmental Management System (EMS) policy and related documentation.
• Significant impacts related to his job and his role and responsibility to control it.
• Potential consequences of not following related EMS documentation.