Skills And Tools:
- Consult with users and management to conduct information assessments to determine user needs and to define solutions to meet business requirements.
- Research, plan and design an enterprise environment with appropriate hardware, operating systems, applications, and communication components to support business requirements.
- Analyze and recommend both hardware and software requirements for existing and future implemented services.
- Coordinate with external vendors for the acquisition and maintenance of information technology hardware and software.
- Install, configure, test, document, administrate, maintain, integrate and support different infrastructure systems at Nile University including but not limited to different Hardware (Servers, Storage, RAID settings, etc.), Virtualization systems, Operating systems (Windows/Linux based), Application servers, Backup and recovery systems along with servers’ Endpoint protection.
- Identify and set the configuration items for different systems and verify their completeness & correctness.
- Manage the ability to continue providing a pre-determined & agreed level of IT services.
- Develop and administrate backup, archive & restore processes for different systems and data according to Nile University policy. Besides monitoring the backup logs and testing restorations processes regularly.
- Monitor and assess the utilization and performance of different services and infrastructure systems (Hardware and software) regularly to ensure their effectiveness using monitoring tools or manually.
- Ensure the availability, continuity and security of various systems and monitoring different logs.
- Develop and document operational procedures.
- Manage change requests & determine the need to perform a system change whenever needed through standard procedures.
- Regular maintenance of servers through the installation of software updates and upgrades, along with hardware replacements and expansions.
- Recommend and ensure the standard implementation of policies, procedures and operations with support personnel for different services and ensure their consistency with Nile University policies.
- Analyze and resolve different systems issues using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Communicate with external vendors for support requests.
- Perform different software migrations or hardware physical reallocation for the IT infrastructure systems.
- Works under general direction from senior management and provide different reports indicating the IT infrastructure status besides any requested reporting.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in relevant field in well-known and large-scale organizations that support at least 1,500 users.
- Microsoft technical certifications are required.
- ITIL knowledge is a plus.
- Project management knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of common server architectures, and expert in installing, configuring, and administrating different servers’ software, hardware and storage systems (SAN, NAS, DAS).
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a MUST
- Proficient understanding of common storage subsystems connectivity (Fiber Channel, ISCSI, SATA, SAS, SCSI, etc.), storage subsystem disk configuration (RAID levels), along with clustering and logical partitions.
- Expert in setting up and administrating VMware virtualization systems (VCenter, ESXi, etc.)
- Expert in setting up and administrating different operating systems of servers (Windows\Linux based).
- Expert in using and administrating networking related protocols and services, including but limited to TCP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Expert in setting up and administrating MS Domain Controllers including but not limited to PowerShell scripts, GPO, Manage Trust relations, Perform FSMO rules, Upgrade domain controllers and Raise functional levels, etc.
- Expert in setting up and administrating the DNS, DHCP, SCCM, SCOM, WSUS, NPS, File sharing services, DFS, FTP, CA, NTP, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, SQL servers, MySQL, IIS/Apache servers, Print servers, Backup and archiving systems, LDAP integrations.
- A solid understanding of principles of routing and proficient in using Local Area Networks, Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks connectivity.
- Expert in administrating the mailing services besides all other offered applications in MS Office365.
- Expert in Implementing, administrating and supporting different integrations (Domain, Office365, SSO, etc.)
- Expert in using different remote access applications.
- Ability to understand new software packages or hardware equipment & fast enough to learn new technologies.
- Creative skills to identify and define user enterprise needs and turn them into workable plans and automate processes.
- High internet searching capabilities.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with colleagues and clients either verbally or in writing.
- Good command of English.
- Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Capable of writing proposals or reports, documenting procedures, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- Work under general supervision.
- Proactive with strong self-management skills to juggle multiple tasks and priorities within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Network Security EngineerConfidential Company - Sheikh Zayed, Giza1 day ago