Lecturer in Economics / NOVA UniversityPosted 20 days ago
27Applicants for1 open position
- 2In Consideration
- 14Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
- NOVA Cairo @ TKH provides innovative undergraduate higher education in Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management, Applied Math’s to Risk Management, Management and Information Management. Due to the continued growth of our teaching activity, NOVA Cairo @ TKH wishes to appoint an Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Management to contribute to lecturing, delivery of tutorials, organizing seminars and workshops, supervising student projects, and participating in field trips, among others, on subjects such as Economics, Economic Analysis (micro and macroeconomics) and Economic History.
- Supervision received: Reporting to the Branch Director/Programmed Directors or nominee.
- Supervision given: supervises the work of students as may be allocated from time to time, Assistant Lecturers, Instructors, as appropriate.
- The candidate should be a PhD holder in Economics or equivalent.
- The candidate should have excellent English skills, both written and oral.
- The candidate should possess a wide range of skills and competencies, namely:
- An extensive knowledge of Economics and its various aspects, including micro and macroeconomics, and economic history.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex business concepts to students, using clear and concise language and engaging visual aids.
- Ability to manage their time efficiently and plan lessons in advance to ensure that the course material is covered in a timely manner.
- Ability to recognize and respond to their students' individual learning styles, using various teaching methods to reach all learners.
- Ability to be comfortable using technology and online teaching platforms to enhance their lessons and improve student engagement.
- Ability to build rapport with students, foster a positive learning environment, and encourage active participation in class discussions.
- Ability to design and administer assessments that accurately measure student learning and understanding.
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in business management and education and should continually seek opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Possess a genuine interest in helping students reach their full potential and should be willing to serve as a mentor and advisor to their students.
- Possess practical experience working in the field of business management, which will bring relevance and practical application to their teachings.
- Recent teaching experience at higher education level with evidence.
- Evidence of excellent/innovative pedagogic practice.
- iii. Extensive knowledge in subject/discipline.
- The candidate should have proven teaching experience at a higher education institution.
- The candidate should have demonstrated academic leadership at course level.
- A growing research profile in a relevant subject.
- Active researcher supported by evidence of publications or other appropriate output.
- Evidence of contribution to the research group(s) or network or community of practice
Job-related skills and capabilities:
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, and innovate.
- Ability to identify and secure opportunities for the development of the School/University.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality services to students and partners.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate adherence to regulations regarding ethics, governance, social responsibility, and appropriate practice.
- Ability to support the development and delivery of professional learning and development programmers and contribute to teaching-related activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful external and internal networks to seed relationships for future business collaborations.
- Ability to contribute to developing and delivering transnational education partnerships and international collaboration projects.
- A demonstrable appreciation of other cultures; the university's global reach and its international agenda.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both individual and group situations.
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a team or group.
- Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds, ages, and experience.
- Ability to connect to a range of external stakeholders and partners of the university from the private/public/voluntary sectors.
- Willingness to undertake academic activities in the evening when necessary and participate in occasional weekend activities such as recruitment days.
- A willingness to travel locally, nationally, and internationally as required to undertake academic and related activities.
- Lecturer in Management / NOVA ...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo20 days ago
- Lecturer in different areas of...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo20 days ago
- Assistant Lecturer in Accounti...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo20 days ago
- Assistant Professor/Lecturer i...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo24 days ago