Skills And Tools:
This is an administrative position reporting to the Director.
The Academic Dean has specific responsibilities in the following areas:
- Reviews and analyzes existing Aims-Methods-Contents curricula for grades k-12 and corresponding Common Core standards or others and benchmarks.
- Meets with grade level and department faculty to review and discuss the concepts of content standards, benchmarks, and indicators.
- Explains the need for and advantages of a standards-based curriculum.
- Revises standards and benchmarks for clarity in specificity.
- Revises benchmarks for clarity and specificity.
- Become familiar with texts and learning resources in subject areas of Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Studies, in grade K-12.
- Integrates standards, benchmarks, and learning materials to identify curriculum content indicators for each subject at each grade level K-12.
- Designs and implements periodic workshops as needed in areas such as Child Development, Diagnostic Teaching, Learning Styles, Student Assessment, Classroom Management, and Teaching Methodology.
- Conducts department and grade level meetings for the purpose of educational planning and progress.
- Provides guidance to individual and group faculty concerning academic curriculum standards.
- Assists individual faculty seeking advice.
- Coordinates and implements staff development needs.
- Works with the faculty to continuously improve the teaching-learning process.
- Assists the School Director with Faculty Assessment
- Performs periodic classroom observations.
- Provides recommendations for improved performance.
- Follows-up recommendations with individual faculty and groups.
- Recommends improvements for parent-faculty communication.
- Introduces possible learning strategies for faculty through technology.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional teaching experience at the secondary level and holds a valid teaching degree
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Native American or dual nationality
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a successful leader in instruction, curriculum and assessment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Academic Dean / Coordinator / or Director.
- Basic technological/computer skills