Skills And Tools:
About the Job
Implements and executes the operational instructions and Oil spill Response (OSR) / Hazmat emergency response plans in order to enable the delivery of seamless emergency response with minimal human, environmental and financial impact
- Mobilizes, deploys and operates OSR and Hazmat equipment, both on-shore and off-shore, (depending on the experience level and training) to ensure timely and relevant emergency response.
- Participates in the Survey Team to confirm the incident and identify its scale, and accordingly, reports findings to enable efficient and informed decision-making at Management level.
- Executes the preparation of the emergency site for oil spill/ hazmat materials removal and disposal (including constructing containment etc.) in order to minimise the crisis’ impact in a safe manner.
- Collects, contains, tests, stores, transports and, when required, disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous materials, as directed, and in accordance with the corporate policies and applicable laws, in order to ensure proper damage control.
- Ensures familiarization of all deployment and operating equipment.
- Stores, maintains and rehabilitates all OSR/ Hazmat equipment after operations to ensure that it is in a constant state of operational readiness.
- Ensures that all equipment (such as lifting gear, etc.) is properly labelled and optimally functional.
- Assists in periodic reviews of the OSR and hazmat installations in collaboration with the Safety and Maintenance staff to ensure that all equipment is operationally ready.
- Assists in the development of emergency reports when needed to ensure accurate reporting.
- Remains on-call as per the duty roster in order to respond in a timely manner to emergencies.
- Technical Diploma in relevant field or Secondary School Certificate with a vocational trade certificate in the relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in crisis and emergency related field