Skills And Tools:
Headquartered in the UAE, BitOasis is the largest and most trusted cryptocurrency platform in the MENA region. Established in 2015, BitOasis is a pioneer of the region’s cryptocurrency ecosystem,serving as the go-to platform for first-time cryptocurrency buyers and professional traders alike.
BitOasis aims to offer the most secure and regulated infrastructure in cryptocurrency trading for retail and institutional clients across the region.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate who will be responsible to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. The candidate will be responsible for the group's tax compliance, policy building, timely reporting and ensuring filings. You will establish, maintain and strengthen the internal and external relationships with advisors, stakeholders, government agencies by delivering highest quality tax governance.
Additionally, the scope of the role will also be to identify, manage and mitigate risks in the finance organisation. The role will also include managing an internal audit of the regulatory compliance in the finance workstreams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage tax compliance process for the group, including preparing and reviewing tax returns (corporate, VAT, and other applicable taxes), ensuring accuracy, and adhering to all filing timelines.
- Develop the roadmap and implementation of the new UAE Corporate Income Tax.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to mitigate tax risks, optimise tax liabilities thereby ensuring that the business is compliant with regulations in the UAE and the GCC.
- Be adept on Transfer pricing planning, design, and documentation thereby offering support on operational, governance, and implementation strategies.
- Be informed of tax law changes and address any impact on the Group caused by regulation changes
- Develop and implement tax strategies; analyse tax consequences and provide suitable recommendations to the management.
- Liaise with external tax advisers, auditors and tax authorities in the UAE and other GCC countries.
- Participate in continuous process improvement projects and work across various finance disciplines to perform an internal audit wrt regulatory compliance and policy adherence.
- Manage Finance Risk register, drive risk mitigation across the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, and fully qualified chartered accountant ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA/CPA or similar.
- Proven abilities in the field of tax accounting, tax compliance and building tax efficient strategies.
- Experience with Big 4 firms is a BIG plus.
- Excellent MS excel and word skills.
- 8-10 years experience in tax compliance, managing and mitigating risks.
- Exceptional at meeting timelines and solving problems.