Skills And Tools:
A brief description of the job and how it contributes to the purpose of the function. One to three sentences.
Design, maintain current state and achieve future state architecture for on-premises technology platforms. You support the implementation of different solutions\technologies in the respective domains, and communicate with other solution owners to ensure alignment across the technology landscape. Maintain IT services continuity in compliance with SLAs and policies and enhance the ability to respond to business needs in an efficient and effective manner across the Group IT functions (IKEA / FLOW /etc.) Contribute to the digital transformation strategy by ensuring that respective domains initiatives and business needs are enabled by proper technology while ensuring effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of the solutions. Support the cloud first strategy by continuously optimizing the datacenter on-premises technologies footprint.
Job-specific key accountabilities the jobholder has to achieve the purpose described.
- Provide 5 to 10 statements describing the major end results. List them in order of importance.
- Demonstrate, track and continuously improve the business value of on-premises services in line with the group technology roadmap. Support the group with the best suitable on- premises solutions based on the business objectives.
- Act as an advisor and architect for Datacenter technologies, develop a successor and work on leveraging the technology knowledge across the group IT teams.
- Create and implement organization wide Datacenter standard including IKEA/FLOW/ etc.
- Develop a holistic architectural view of Datacenter solutions components across the group and throughout the different IT solutions.
- Adhere to the cyber security and service availability measures and KPIs.
- Continuously assess the current Datacenter setups across the group and recommend the best roadmap approach to maintain the services continuity with the lowest possible cost.
- Identify improvement\enhancement for platforms and create improvement plans and budgets estimates.
- Capture and maintain current / future Datacenter solutions architecture to ensure smooth operations and performance of applications and solutions.
- Ensure execution of projects and business initiatives are aligned with the target architecture and recommended practices and reference models.
- Maintain a great synchronization between cloud and on-premises solutions. Work with the infrastructure team on migrating all the possible workloads to cloud.
- Maintain an updated documentation of the on-premises solutions for all IT functions across the group.
- Solutions design, development optimization and implementations
- Architecture domain practices (Enterprise Architecture, Solutions architecture, Technical Architecture) including framework, design patterns, and implementation
- Support of digital strategy\IT Strategy through portfolio, program and project management
- Experience in implementing various technologies including (Computing workloads
- Networking, Storage, Backup Services, Cloud Services, Hybrid Cloud, etc.…)
- High level Experience in different cloud providers technologies (Azure, AWS, Google, Oracle, etc…)
- Specific Designations, Certifications, Licenses
- Hypervisor management
- Storage systems management
- Backup systems management
- Data Center EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt7 days ago
- Data Center Planning, Analysis...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt10 days ago
- DC Network Senior EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt7 days ago