Skills And Tools:
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Fixed Assets’ accountant
- Good command of English language
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Preferably ERP User
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Chief AccountantConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt30 days ago
- Tax AccountantConfidential Company - Moski, Cairo9 days ago
- Receivables AccountantConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo10 days ago