Skills And Tools:
Purpose of the job
Manage and utilize the resources available to complete the projects of Substations efficiently and effectively
1- Manage all project submittals in timely and effective manner
- Study in detail all the technical requirements of tender document/inquiries.
- Prepare and ensure all technical requirements specified in tender documents.
- Communicate and guide Engineers for timely project execution in a profitable way at immediate level and design assistant/CAD operators at next level.
- Update management regarding the status of progress and expenditures of the project.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all Electrical Primary Design Engineers and Electrical Draughtsmen.
- Assign and re-assign Electrical Primary Engineers for new projects and ongoing projects as per the specific project requirements.
- Monitor the progress of design and control the adherence to the committed schedule of delivery of different projects.
2-Monitor the quality of design submittals
- Conduct a thorough review of the design outputs from design engineers and draughtsman, to ensure that the client requirements have been met.
- ensure that the design of the different electrical systems has been done as per the PTS and related standards.
- Maintaining/validating the adopted electric systems specifications and performing regular reviews to ensure its integrity and suitability of the specified systems for each specific project.
- Coordinate with the QA/QC department in relation to the review outcomes and follow up the implementation/ addressing of the same in all departments and ensuring the compliance of Quality Management System requirements for all projects.
3-Build strong relationship with clients
- Attend meetings with Clients and Contractors to resolve and propose solutions for technical outstanding / disputed issues.
- Attend necessary site meetings or depute suitable staff required to take part in design related discussions and proposals.
- Review the technical catalogues for any new material/system and make recommendation to the committee responsible for the vendor list.
4-Train and develop Engineers in the section
- Reporting the adequacy of the available staff and other related resources.
- Conduct trainings / seminars to improve Electrical Primary Design Engineers and Draughtsman performance.
- Inculcate value engineering as part of the design process.
5-Coordinate and report on monthly basis to the Engineering Manager on the above duties.
Key Performance Indicator
Efficiency (Submittal Due date -Resource Utilization)
Quality (Submittal Quality -Mismatch Comments- General Quality)