Skills And Tools:
Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project is a five-year USAID-funded activity, supported by the U.S. government’s Feed the Future initiative. The project aims improve the competitiveness of Egypt’s horticulture producers and related down-stream businesses and food processors. The project promotes a more competitive and inclusive Egyptian economy through growth in selected horticultural sectors with special focus on securing employment and increasing agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers. The project will work in greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Nile Delta, through three strategic regional offices in Luxor, Minya and Gharbia, in addition to the main office in Giza.
Postharvest Consultancy assignment of the project value chain is critical toward the overall success of the Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project. The project value chains include Basil, Fennel and Mint. The consultant will work alongside key project staff, including the Production Post-Harvest (PPH) Team Leader, Post-harvest Lead, Local Technical Trainers, and field coordinators, to implement a postharvest training curriculum that address critical weaknesses amongst smallholder farmers, producer organizations (POs), University graduates, agricultural technical school (ATS) students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies. The consultant will be required to make several trips to the field for farm visits in different governorates in Upper Egypt and Delta.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: Maximum of 115 days during 2022.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop optimum postharvest training tools (PowerPoint presentations, videos or narrated PowerPoints, instrument demonstrations, field visits) for different sectors that describe the best postharvest practices for the project value chains via a comprehensive program that includes all handling stages starting from harvesting up to reaching end consumers through field visits to Upper Egypt and the Delta.
- Implementing technical training program for smallholder farmers, POs, University graduates, ATS students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies.
- Follow up for the different sectors (smallholder farmers, POs, University graduates, ATS students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies) to ensure good postharvest practices through meetings that involve related parties.
- Identify and resolve any field issue as requested by postharvest lead.
- Written report on results of different training tasks outcomes.
- Written report on results of technical assistance visits.
- Experience implementing training of trainers.
- Advanced relevant degree
- Expertise related to Post-harvest, packaging, and cold chain practices.
- Previous work experience in development projects with small farmers is preferable.
- Experience developing training programs/curriculums
- Agricultural / Production Engi...Confidential Company - Menia, Minya5 days ago
- Irrigation Sales EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt6 days ago
- Technical Support & Customer S...Sigma for Imp & Exp & Opera hearing Solutions - Mohandessin, Giza6 days ago
- Technical Support & Customer S...Sigma for Imp & Exp & Opera hearing Solutions - Sidi Bishr, Alexandria6 days ago