Skills And Tools:
At Gettechforce we help companies build their teams. We currently have over 35 remote developers in Egypt and are looking to expand our team now, by looking for 2 .NET C# / VB 6 developers
- The role will be Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm as the main development hub is in Europe. After some time and when some trust has been built up, our other developers have moved to a Sunday - Thursday work week.
- This is a full time role, but you will be a private contractor and responsible for your own taxes / insurance etc.
- It will be 100% remote, so you can work from where ever you want.
We are currently expanding our team in Egypt, so you will have access to our other developers and we plan on having nights out and events with other team members as we continue to grow.
The company is looking to appoint a Software Senior Developer to join the software development team to deal with a variety of software development and escalations on a permanent basis. Working within a product development framework the individual will need to leverage their existing development skills
to build expertise in a retail solution, and use this knowledge to design, build and test high quality
solutions as incidents emerge from a wide range of sites and user. The software senior developer will report to the Managing Director
Operating under tight deadlines the candidate will be asked to manage multiple jobs of work and perform the following streams of work;
Technical Diagnosis and Solution Definition
Working closely with the Customer Care and the Installations teams evaluate incidents that may emerge and identify the root cause and come up with solutions. This may require direct contact with effected parties within or outside ofthe organisation.
Solution Definition & Design.
Based on the solution identified document the solution and appropriate test approach. The documentation needs to adhere to quality standards and be posted in the appropriate systems.
Modify and resolve any issue emerging from the incident list. Ensure that all changes are applied effectively and to the required standards. Ensure that the all relevant parties especially the Product Development Manager is kept informed of changes and issues.
Validate the quality and operation of any new change applied. Once completed pass to Test Lead for sign off.
Preparation of deliverables for installation of our solutions in the client environment, including handover and knowledge transfer to the Product Development Team, QA team and Helpdesk.
Technical Knowledge Transfer
Keeping up to date with existing and future technologies, the person must quickly build knowledge of our
software solution with appropriate level of supervision and guidance. Good communication skills to assist the Helpdesk team to build their knowledge to assist their ability to diagnose and resolve incidents.
Technical Skill and Knowledge:
At least 4 years experience in the following Programming environments:
MS® Visual Basic V6,
C# & .NET,
MS® SQL Database
Crystal Reports development
- Good knowledge of MS Windows® Operating systems: MS SBS2008, Win2000, WinXP, Win7 (32 and 64 Bit)
- Quickly assimilate functionality of business solutions and map to technical components and architecture
- Experience of building solution, installation on site and troubleshooting solution once in use
- Strong solution design and definition skills in the above environment
- Good knowledge of two tier Client Server system
- Exposure to Networking standards and utilities
- Track record in completing technical documentation
- Solid experience with integrating and supporting multiple systems and devices
- Knowledge of Internet technologies
- Understand the issues of working in the context of multi location
- Strong customer facing skills – face to face/over phone
- Ability to manage own time, schedule and determine priorities
- Good understanding and exposure to POS/Retail Solutions
- Has strong applied knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall/RAD)
- Ability to work within tight timeframes
- Understanding the customer’s environment and needs
- Well motivated with excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Self Starter
- Product Development Engineer(E... - Alexandria, Egypt5 days ago
- Junior Web Developer (Back-End... - San Stefano, Alexandria1 month ago
- Senior Flutter Developer - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Full Stack Web Developer (UX/U...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt3 days ago
- Senior Vue.js Developer - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Senior Odoo Developer - New Cairo, Cairo12 days ago
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Develop... - Cairo, Egypt29 days ago
- Computational Geometry C++ Sof... - Cairo, Egypt24 days ago
- Senior C++ Software Engineer - Cairo, Egypt27 days ago
- junior Oracle Database Adminis...Confidential Company - Smouha, Alexandria17 days ago