Skills And Tools:
- The position holder provides leadership, expertise, coaching and direction to the counselling, volunteering, and welfare team.
- The appointed individual will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring policy and procedures relevant to all aspects of Student Welfare Services, to ensure the highest standard of support for students and to ensure their changing needs are met.
- These should support overall University strategy dealing with student experience, widening participation and Global Citizenship.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the performance of the Welfare staff & develop their skills to maintain an excellent performance with creativity.
- Prepare & design the monthly work plans, activities, programs and projects along with the Student Welfare Section management team.
- Evaluate the Student Welfare Section programs and activities.
- To work with relevant internal and external services regarding student welfare in order to ensure an effective and holistic service delivery.
- To ensure that publicity and information about student wellbeing is readily accessible to staff and students.
- To support staff who are dealing with students and ensure appropriate records are kept.
- To assure, through data gathering and research, the quality of the student advice and wellbeing services and to identify areas for development and innovation of service.
- To ensure that staff work within the appropriate professional framework and guidelines
- To take responsibility for the effective management, development, and performance review of staff within the section, in order to ensure that service provision requirements can be met.
- Bachelor degree in psychology, mental health or sociology or relevant discipline.
Relevant postgraduate degree or professional certificate is preferable and will be considered.
- Experience in working with youth in similar settings and activities is preferably.
- Previous volunteering experience in dealing with youth activities is considered.
- Good command of English Language.
- Excellent ability to lead, mentor, and motivate.
- Experience in working with disengaged Youth.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of youth development aspects.
- Desired experience in working with young people in a training environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and administration skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Previous volunteering experience in dealing with young people is a must.
- Excellent time management skills and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in responding to critical incidents and resolve conflict situations.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and exams (English and Computer exams).
- Misrepresentation or omitting any facts relevant to the hiring process in your application and CV or during the interview may result in terminating the hiring process or the contact in addition to any subsequent actions.
- AIU hiring policy does not permit to hire relatives of the non-academic staff up to the third degree.
- You are expected to provide reference and employment letters.
- Deadline for Application: 01 /01 /2022
- English Language Instructor - Alexandria, Egypt1 month ago
- English Language Instructor (G... - 6th of October, Giza6 days ago
- Assistant Security Manager - 6th of October, Giza3 days ago
- English Instructors - 6th Of O... - 6th of October, Giza19 days ago
- English instructor - Dokki, Giza13 days ago
- English Language Instructor - ... - Giza, Giza7 days ago
- English Instructor - From Home - Cairo, Egypt3 days ago
- English instructor - Downtown, Cairo11 days ago
- Online English Instructor - Fu... - Maadi, Cairo11 days ago
- SAP Basis AdminConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt25 days ago
- Internal Auditing Assistant Ma...Prometeon Tyres Group – Egypt (Ex-Pirelli Tyres Egypt) - Ameria, Alexandria8 days ago