Skills And Tools:
- Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve
- Defining the technical requirements and feasibility of a project
- Outlining timescales, costs, and resources needed to design and deliver an electrical operations project
- Make sure the work follows strict health and safety guidelines
- Developing step-by-step project plans
- Leading a multi-disciplinary project team
- Negotiating with designers, engineers, contractors, and suppliers
- Liaising with staff at every level
- Ensuring each stage of the project happens on time, on budget, and to a high standard
- Sharing regular progress reports with the client and stakeholders
- Manage all financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting
- Oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to the field.
- Set clear goals and expectations for the foreman.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
- Conduct post-project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
- Bachelor’s Degree (electrical engineering degree a plus)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Project Management of Construction
- Prior experience in electrical department tendering
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- The proven ability to successfully manage construction projects.
- Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
- Self-starter with excellent positive attitude and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks.
- Efficient computer skills with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Understand basic behavior-based safety programs and enforce the company’s safety policies.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in procurement processes is desirable.
- PMP certification is a plus.