Skills And Tools:
We are looking for a Head of Science Department to join our Madinaty Integrated Language School (French Division).
- To provide professional leadership and management to ensure high quality teaching strategies, effective and efficient use of resources, and raised standards of learning and achievement for all students in the subject area.
- To play a major role in the development of school progress and attainment.
- To inform the school management of students’ performance and future priorities and targets for the subject.
- Receive and systematically file official documentation.
- Ensure that teachers are aware of statutory requirements.
- Organize curriculum meetings for teachers, parents, and school management.
- Identify needs in one’s own subject in relation to the overall needs of the school.
- Understand how the subject contributes to school priorities and to the overall education and achievement of all students.
- Review the curriculum adaptation in consultation with teachers as per school action plan.
- Develop long term and short-term curriculum plans/scope and sequence for all stages.
- Ensure these plans cater for SEND and challenge the more able students.
- Keep updated departmental handbook that include all information, orientation, and guidelines that teachers should have by the beginning of the academic year.
- Keep an updated HOD file that should include but not limited to school mission statement, philosophy, and policies; the department improvement plan; annual plans and lesson plans; scope & sequence; job description; personal professional development plans; workshops attended; class observation rubric, records, and feedback; samples of assessment materials; data analysis; minutes of department meetings; action plans, etc.
- Ensure every teacher has a file that includes all circulars and memos relevant to the subject, teaching and assessment materials, plans, job description, etc.
- Constantly evaluate resources and make the necessary modifications with consultation with teachers and school management.
- Ensure that relevant resources are ordered and used effectively.
- Offer advice and training on resources used to ensure better performance.
- Allocate available resources with maximum efficiency to meet the objectives of school and subject plans and achieve value for money.
- Periodically update the department book order in consultation with teachers and school management.
- Ensure that the learning resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly explore opportunities to develop or incorporate new resources.
- Ensure that teachers are using and enforcing the use of library resources.
- Monitor the provision and use of resources in the library.
- Develop effective links with the local community, such as businesses and industries to extend the subject and enhance students’ understanding through real life applications.
- Communicate effectively with parents and the school community and share/recommend any necessary interventions, modifications, or adaptations.
- Manage time effectively by balancing teaching demands, subject management, and involvement in school improvement.
- Help teachers achieve good working relationships with students.
- Establish a healthy working environment among teachers through improvement of teamwork, and mutual support, delegation of tasks, and developing an acceptance of accountability.
- Periodically appraise teachers following school’s policy and standards.
- Good communication with other departments and other members of school management to ensure consistency across all subjects.
- Be available to answer parent and school management questions and keep records of all meetings that take place.
- Check the presence/absence of teachers and ensure that the proper material is being given to the substitute teacher in conjunction with the supervisor.
- Prepare weekly schedules of classroom observation and post-observation feedback sessions.
- Ensure the appropriateness of homework assignments before they are shared with students and parents on a weekly basis.
- Meet weekly with the School Academic Counselor to report and discuss all matters concerning the department (students’ progress, assessments, teachers, class observations, resources, use and analysis of data, recommendations, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position
- Team and resource management, strategic planning and decision-making. Ability to motivate a team and command respect.
- Knowledge of the use of ICT in schools to aid teaching and learning
- Skilled teacher with solid commitment to teaching and learning and strong subject knowledge in relevant area.
- Excellent communication skills able to build relationships with students and colleagues and contribute to wider school life
- Have expert knowledge of the subject area.
- Know and establish school’s objectives, priorities, and action plans.
- Data Center ManagerConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo9 days ago
- IT Warehouse ManagerConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo2 days ago
- Learning & Development Supervi...Confidential Company - 6th of October, Giza10 days ago