Skills And Tools:
CONCEPT for general contracting company is seeking an Accountant to assist the finance department with daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting activities. Responsibilities include assisting with the preparation of company financial statements, analyzing trends, and supporting other functions of the accounting department such as accounts payable, receivable, collections and invoicing.
This individual must have strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, willing to work within a team environment and has the ability to apply critical thinking skills daily. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and a demonstrated knowledge of accounting functions are a must. This person will have the ability to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to company standards and trends.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and communicating those results to his/her supervisor.
- Complete month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze operational and capital budgets and financial forecasts.
- Assist with invoicing as needed.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Develop, implement, modify and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal processes.
- Enter and review bills, credit card statements and other payables and makes appropriate entries as needed.
- Review expense reports and enter appropriate payable entries.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with financial statements, general ledger functions, month-end/year-end closing process, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong computing skills including experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, and Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, virtually or in person.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at one time while keeping deadlines at the forefront.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- CFO Chief Financial OfficerConfidential Company - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia6 days ago