Skills And Tools:
- We are looking for an experienced English Co-Teacher to join our Prime International Language School in 6 of October.
Teacher assistants typically do the following:
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups.
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior.
- Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grades.
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers, smart boards … etc.
- Help supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips.
- Generally, teachers introduce new material to students, and teacher assistants help reinforce the lessons by working with individual students or small groups of students. For example, after the teacher presents a lesson, a teacher assistant may help a small group of students as they try to master the material.
- Teachers may seek feedback from assistants to monitor students’ progress.
- Some teachers and teacher assistants meet regularly to discuss lesson plans and student development.
- Teacher assistants sometimes help teachers by grading tests and checking homework.
- Some teacher assistants work in specific locations in the school. For example, some work in computer laboratories, teaching students how to use computers and helping them use software.
- Others work as recess or lunchroom attendants, supervising students during these times of the day.
- Most teacher assistants work in KG and elementary schools. Often, one or two assistants work with a lead teacher to provide the individual attention that young children need.
- They help with educational activities.
- They also supervise the children at play and help with feeding and other basic care.
- Teacher assistants may spend some time outside, when students are at recess or getting on and off the bus.
Personality and Interests:
- Teacher assistants typically have an interest in the Helping and Organizing interest areas.
- The Helping interest area indicates a focus on assisting, serving, counseling, or teaching other people.
- The Organizing interest area indicates a focus on working with information and processes to keep things arranged in orderly systems.
Teacher assistants should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Communication skills: Teacher assistants need to discuss students’ progress with teachers, so they need to be able to communicate well.
- Interpersonal skills: Teacher assistants interact with a variety of people, including teachers, students, parents, and administrators. They need to develop good working relationships with the people they work with.
- Patience: Working with students of different abilities and backgrounds can be difficult. Teacher assistants must be patient with students who struggle with material.
- Resourcefulness: To reinforce lessons, teacher assistants must explain information to students in a way that meets each student's learning style.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 1 or more years of experience.
- Excellent level of English.
- KG English Co-Teacher - Octobe...Confidential Company - 6th of October, Giza2 months ago