Skills And Tools:
- Monkeys is a Cairo-based visual effect and animation studio known for producing international standards CG imagery and content for advertising.
- Our talents are highly skilled and passionate digital artists at different departments of the digital production environment.
- A system administrator is responsible for provisioning, configuring, and maintaining the infrastructure of the studio including local network cluster and cloud cluster.
- A system administrator supports artists and staff to ensure a smooth and efficient technical operation of the studio’s production services.
- Administer Windows and Linux-based servers(RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Install and maintain Virtual platforms (VMWare).
- Maintain, monitor, and diagnose critical server infrastructure (switches, firewalls, storage).
- Handle and execute inventory and purchasing decisions, manage and confirm delivery of purchases.
- Administer and manage high-performance storage servers (Dell/HP).
- Administer and manage high-performance Blade Servers (Dell/HP) and Render Farm nodes.
- Schedule, execute, and maintain backup routines on client and server machines.
- Provide desktop support for artists and production staff using Windows, macOS, and Linux and assist users, remotely and on-premise, to diagnose and resolve technical problems and issues like file sharing, permissions, login/password related issues, and general desktop settings.
- Troubleshoot, resolve issues and provide support for artists in the following areas: DCC apps installation and configuration; Houdini, Maya, Nuke, 3ds Max, Adobe Suite, and license servers from various vendors.
- Administer and manage security protocols and internet connectivity across departments including Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Trial and evaluation of open source and off-shelf software solutions.
- Proven degree/experience working in an IT position.
- Proficient experience in Windows server administration.
- Proficient experience in Linux server administration (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Proficient experience in Windows 10 and macOS.
- Proficient experience in VMWare/vSphere/HyperV configuration and management.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in networking, switch management, and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Experience with GIT, MySQL, Postgres, deploying databases, and server applications.
- Experience in installing software packages centrally.
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets, and routing.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to document your work and processes.
The following Qualifications are plus:
- Working experience in the visual effects industry.
- Experience in maintaining VFX production tracking systems (Shotgun/ Ftrack).
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting DCC apps and VFX software packages.
- Experience in one or more network orchestration tools.
- Open to working flexible hours.
- Systems Operation EngineerFawry Banking & Payment Technology Services - Smart Village, Giza4 days ago