Skills And Tools:
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical individual contributor input as a team Reservoir Engineer or Development Geologists
- Present and make recommendations to management to support work.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of a multi-disciplinary subsurface team.
- Oversee and provide technical oversight of the team’s work.
- Interface with the Exploration Manager on a day-to-day level
- Interface with reservoir engineering for construction of reservoir simulation models
- Pre-drill well preparation and planning. Interface with Drilling, Subsurface, Regulatory and Partners
- Ensure the team provides appropriate operations support in drilling/rig program and update field results and reserves as needed.
- Ensure appropriate peer assist, collaboration activities occur both within the team and external support.
- Ensure high quality, technically auditable lead/prospect risking and volumetric calculations are done.
- Generate and/or update maps following well drilling.
- Identify unswept or poorly swept areas of the field and make sound recommendations for new well locations.
- Create estimates of recoverable volumes from newly planned wells in partnership with team reservoir engineer
- Contribute to field development plans through well planning, workover support. Perform well planning, including creating well targets data with reservoir and drilling engineers, generating well trajectories and loading the directional data, preparing geological prognosis (including but not limited to tops, cross sections and correlation panels).
- Monitor operational and geo-steering activities for all types of wells (horizontal, deviated, and vertical) in the office or offsite if needed, including monitoring, geo-steering and tracking wells.
- Identify potential Near Field Exploration opportunities.
- Bachelor Degree in Geology or Reservoir Engineering. Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 25 of experience in development geology and/or reservoir engineering that covers practical experience in reservoir characterization, well planning, drilling operations, coring, gridding/mapping and logging.
- Familiarity with:
- Structural geology, sedimentology, geophysics and petrophysics.
- Sedimentological and stratigraphic characterization of clastic and carbonate depositional systems, their facies distribution and reservoir quality
- Advanced Petrel reservoir modeling skills
- 3D modeling experience with Petrel is desired
- Rig operations and vendor logging systems.
- LWD and wireline logging technologies and applications.
- Applications that are used for conducting reservoir development studies and drilling operations (mapping, correlation, well planning, etc.).
- Experience with operational well planning and execution
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of one or more of asset evaluation, business development, development of tight reservoirs and EOR techniques would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication English skills
- Ability to frame, describe quantitatively and support the team’s taking of critical decisions and solve problems.
- An ability to thrive in and manage a multi-disciplinary, diverse team, prioritizing safety and value creation.
- Skilled at prioritizing competing tasks and functioning in a high-tempo work environment.
- Commercial and results-oriented mind set.
- Position will be reporting to the Country Manager
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.