Teaching and Learning AssistantPosted 17 days ago
- 9In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Position: Teaching and Learning Assistant
Line Manager/Reporting into: Head of School
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Head of Primary School, we are seeking an outstanding, committed and energetic Teaching and Learning Assistant to join King’s School The Crown to start in August 2023. The candidate must be a team player and must have a passion to achieve the highest levels of learning and a culture of excellence for themselves and their students.
King’s School The Crown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the pupil. Applicants will undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced safeguarding check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments.
If successful, you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff members. All staff is expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the ethos, principles and values of our School.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace in accordance with national laws. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
Although this list is not exhaustive, the position holder will be responsible for the following:
- To assist pupils to become better learners.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning so they are able to work independently and in the company of other pupils.
- To develop a mutually supportive relationship with the teaching staff to help pupils gain access to the curriculum by differentiating instructions and resources.
- To support the delivery of the enhanced curriculum offered by the school.
- To work as part of a flexible and supportive team to further the ethos of the school.
- To undertake the relevant training to enhance personal development and use the knowledge to benefit the school and its pupils.
- To attend Staff, Key Stage and TLA meetings to develop and disseminate good practice.
- Be aware of the teacher’s weekly planning and be ready to assist with lesson preparation by preparing resources.
- Display pupils’ work as requested and remove when necessary.
- Assist with the supervision of snack and lunch times.
- Supervise pupils in the communal areas to ensure a high standard of behaviour is maintained.
- Carry out allocated playground, lunchtime and after-school duties as agreed.
- Escort children to and from the school buses at the start and end of day except where other duties, as agreed by the Head of Primary, prevent this.
- Provide duty-cover for absent colleagues when requested to do so by a line manager.
- Reward and sanction children in accordance with the school’s ‘Positive Behaviour’ policy to ensure the school’s high standards of behaviour and discipline are maintained.
- Act as a role model for pupils.
- To promote the school positively at all times.
- To work with fellow colleagues in a spirit of mutual cooperation to maintain and enhance a pleasant professional working environment.
- Refer comments, questions and complaints from parents directly to the class teacher.
- Support pupils during lessons as directed by the class teacher.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Inspired Required Teaching Standards
A full outline of Teaching standards is available on request
|Skills and previous experience|
|Qualifications and Accreditations|
|Personal Competencies and Attributes|
- Part-Time Online German Langua...Speakup - Maadi, Cairo24 days ago
- Senior, Prep, and Junior Teach... - Giza, Egypt2 months ago
- German language Teacher For Th... - San Stefano, Alexandria1 month ago
- IB PYP Teaching AssistantUptown International School UISEgypt - Mokattam, Cairo7 days ago
- TeacherSnapology of Egypt - Sheikh Zayed, Giza12 days ago
- Arabic Social Studies Teacher ...King's School The Crown - Sheikh Zayed, Giza12 days ago
- Interior Architecture & Design...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo16 days ago
- English Assistant TeacherThe Baby Academy - Mohandessin, Giza22 days ago
- Assistant Lecturer in Accounti...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo21 days ago
- French HOD - Prep StageGEMS Education - Madinaty, Cairo28 days ago
- Lecturer in Economics / NOVA U...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo21 days ago
- Lecturer in Management / NOVA ...El Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, Cairo21 days ago