Skills And Tools:
- Position Objectives:
The Director of Non-academic Student Life is a senior position. The responsibilities include managing the different Units under the umbrella of the student life; i.e. The student Dorm, the wellness Unit, the Student Life office & the career center. The director oversees all aspects of students' activities. Reviews and updates all dorms policies and procedures to ensure the safety of residents and the best level of service.
- Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact with students, parents, Faculty Members, outside guests, Departments’ Directors, Managers, vendors, as well as any external stakeholders.
- Develop strategic goals and objectives as well as annual operating objectives ensuring that resources and the annual budget are optimally configured and deployed to achieve the best results in collaboration with the Executive President.
- Implement and coordinate evidence-based co-curricular activities and service that promote UST core values and enhance students’ campus life, minimize adjustment challenges, and raise performance aspirations, including but not limited to incoming student orientation, new parents’ orientation, and first-year programs.
- Devise programs that build a cadre of student leaders who provide guidance, direction, and support for their peers, contribute to the UST’s student experience; and assess the quality and effectiveness of student development programs.
- Communicate effectively with students and other stakeholders and serve as a point of information for students and responding to students' needs; assist students in establishing high standards of ethics and personal conduct.
- Ensure safe and comfortable accommodations for residential students from various backgrounds; suggest improvements, relocation and adaptation programs, manage complaints, conflicts, emergencies and other incidents with potential student impact.
- Serve as a student advocate in various university committees, to ensure that the best interest of students is fulfilled, in accordance with UST mission and vision.
- Develop effective operation procedures, policies, and standards for student life on campus
- Provide direct support and supervision to the student government i.e. Student Union , parliament court, and student organization council
- Manage and supervise the student life team and wellness Unit team
- Manage and supervise the Career Center team and activities
- Manage and supervise the dorms staff to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed according to best practice.
- Design and Prepare progress reports necessary for students' achievements and progress.
- Monitors team members' performance and acts as a advisor for team members development and corrective action when necessary, including annual performance reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related discipline.
- A minimum of 18 years experience in the student development field and proven experience in working at managerial levels.
- English and Arabic Proficiency.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, with high-level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Strong financial, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Successful leadership and motivation of direct reports in previous roles.
- Experience with hospitality and hotels management.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and deal with adhoc crises.
- Training and Coaching Experience is a plus.