Skills And Tools:
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release.
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Development Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting.
- Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle.
- Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning.
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives.
- Conduct code reviews of work done by other engineers in the team.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces
- Ability to construct user guides and documentation.
- Project Management skills
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other related fields or experience.
- Proven experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- Experience developing websites
- Some experience with front end UI design preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years in backend software design in SQL Server 2000 or 2005, Stored procedures, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#
- 5 – 10 years of actual experience in the workplace