Skills And Tools:
As part of the GEMS Egypt group GEMS International School, Cairo (GISC) will be opening in September 2022 as premium American and International School in the heart of New Cairo, Egypt
GEMS International School, Cairo (GISC) is a value driven community, educating the whole child in collaboration with technology and discovery. Developing leaders of the future to make a difference to our local and international community through kindness, compassion, integrity and empathy.
Students at GEMS International School, Cairo (GISC) are encouraged and motivated to be:
- Value driven – understand the importance of interpersonal skills as a key to success in learning within and beyond school life
- Ethical thinkers and leaders – students who can make ethical independent decisions that impact themselves and influence others
- Community enablers – students who are outward looking who have an impact on their local and global community
- Technology enablers – students who can use technology to enhance their learning of themselves and others and have a positive social media impact in a globally connected world
We are looking to appoint PYP Coordinator from September 2021
As a future leader of the school you will need to be able to demonstrate, not only the flexibility of working in a new school but the IB behavioural competencies of:
Impact and influence
- Communicating with understanding, confidence, clarity and effectiveness and having a positive impact on others.
Passion for the IB mission
- Aligning behaviour to the needs, priorities and goals of the IB and inspiring passion for the IB mission.
- Culturally aware and respectful, having a global outlook, identifying opportunities for global working.
- Always acting to discover, meet and exceed the needs of the IB’s current and future internal and external stakeholders.
Managing and developing self and others
- Managing and developing self, supporting or managing the performance, development and well-being of others, to achieve organizational goals and support the IB community.
- Having accountability for work and managing time and resources effectively, delivering results to a high standard and taking responsibility for own actions.
Teamwork and cooperation
- Working to support and develop collaboration within and across teams through leadership.
Driving to improve
- Having the courage, forethought and independence of spirit to use change and/or continuous development to drive organizational improvements and organizational learning in a socially responsible manner.
- Exploring and identifying the best and most ethical approach, taking personal responsibility, meeting challenges and resolving problems.
- Developing and/or implementing the IB’s strategic plan to meet the medium and long term needs, mission and values of the organization.
Please also upload a covering letter on how you demonstrate the behavioral competencies outlined in the advertisement but also what your key priorities would be prior to opening and the first year of the school.
- 4-7 years of experience