Skills And Tools:
- CoLearn is reimagining education, learning and school around parent agency and engagement. We aim to build a platform that empowers parents to curate and put into action curriculum and technology applications that serve their learners, independent of or instead of school.
- We are a well funded, fast growing EdTech startup out of San Francisco.
- We are a truly distributed - remote anywhere team, spanning Asia/Pacific, Europe, and North America. We champion our belief that life is about more than work and we foster a culture that supports diverse lifestyles.
- This is a full time role, it will be 100% remote, so you can work from wherever you want.
- We are looking for a full time Senior Backend Engineer who is experienced in developing highly scalable APIs and Microservices using NodeJS.
Skill, Qualifications, and Experience
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture: patterns, best practices, communication, debugging, tracing, etc.
- Excellent development skills in NodeJS and PostgreSQL.
- Strong understanding of API development.
- A good understanding of modern DevOps technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deployed customer-facing software into a product environment.
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal).
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Container Services.
- An interest in occasionally working on the Frontend.
- Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards.
- Strong background in technology and application design.
- Strong understanding of different software architectures and patterns.
- Backend: NodeJS (Typescript), PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB and Algolia.
- BFF/FE API: Graphql (Apollo).
- Frontend: Micro-frontends on ReactJS (Typescript).
- DevOps: Docker, Heroku (you will be helping us move to kubernetes on GCP/AWS)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned
- Generous time off
- Full Stack DeveloperConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo7 days ago