Skills And Tools:
- The telecommunications engineers work under minimum supervision as they are specialized in one of the areas: voice, data, fiber optics and, radio and satellites.
- The engineer will oversee telephony systems on a regular basis and will work in coordination with the internal and external stakeholders.
- The professionals activate escalation procedures to provide the necessary support as and when required. They should coordinate and conduct preventive maintenance activities.
- The engineer has to participate in disaster recovery exercises on a regular basis.
- The professional will monitor, operate, and improve the telephony systems. They must ensure the service standards defined in the operation-level and service-level agreement. The Telecom Engineer has to respond to the incidents and assist with resolution. They have to keep the telecom system and documentation up to date.
- Design, install & troubleshoot the telecommunications systems.
- Work with complex network & switching systems.
- Configure networks to ensure smooth transmission of data that fulfills the objective of the organization.
- Oversee new and existing telecom equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Evaluates technical issues related to computer, server, network, voice and resolve them at the earliest.
Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT-related programs or equivalent experience is required to enter into the field of telecommunications engineering.
- The Telecom Engineer must have good knowledge of logging and database tables to gather information required to resolve problems. The professionals understand phone system administration, inbound contact center call flows, and outbound dialer functions to identify and resolve any issues related to them. The engineers should be able to perform license reconciliation as needed. They have to monitor and respond to system errors.
It is worthwhile to note that a telecommunications engineer doesn’t sit in the office & work, rather they work on the site. Few Key skills of a telecom engineer include:
- Experience with designing and implementation of LAN, WAN, Wireless LAN, and WWAN.
- Proven experience with software that is related to telecommunications systems.
- Hands-on experience in PC operating systems and network handling.
- Good technical understanding of network hardware, Internet standards, and protocols.
- IT SpecialistConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo7 days ago
- IT SpecialistConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo2 days ago