Ecommerce AccountantPosted 22 days ago
91Applicants for1 open position
- 0In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Accounting - 60%
- Owns the completion of the monthly / quarterly eCommerce finance close procedures and reporting of financial results, including monthly / quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze balance sheet and expense accounts and prepare necessary journal entry adjustments.
- Review and provide explanations for variances to budget, forecasts, and projections monthly.
- Responsible for performing the eCommerce revenue reserves calculations and booking the respective journal entries on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for supporting the accounting function for eCommerce monthly / quarterly close procedures and reporting.
- Responsible for the financial close procedures and reporting.
- Responsible for the financial close procedures and reporting for Consumers Affairs.
- Responsible for the financial close procedures and reporting for eCommerce project initiatives.
- Support the fiscal closing calendar timelines for assigned tasks and appropriately communicate issues.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Transportation teams to developing reporting for tracking and accruing eCommerce freight costs. Investigate variances between reporting and actual billings. Help to determine cause and resolution.
- Partner with members of the Marketing team to review actual spend vs. the budget/forecasts and create the necessary journal entry adjustments. Assist with the reforecast of the budget based on actuals.
- Lead bi-monthly meetings with key business partners to discuss financial activity.
- Support the eCommerce vendor setup, invoice processing, and general ledger coding within the SAP system.
Reporting & Analysis - 25%
- Prepare monthly / quarterly expense analyses.
- Prepare monthly expense projections and compare to budgets and current forecasts.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly / quarterly / annual eCommerce profit and loss statements.
- Quarterly reporting of key performance indicators.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting package to Corporate Accounting and management.
- Provide and implement recommendations for improvement based on fact based analytics.
- Assist with the preparation of the 10Q/10K financial disclosures.
- Work with business partners to develop key reports to help manage the business.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as well as presentation materials for management.
Cross Functional Collaboration & Partnership - 10%
- Significant partnership with Operations, IT, Marketing, Supply Chain, Transportation, Call Center, Consumer Affairs, Accounts Payable, and Corporate Accounting.
- Accounting liaison for our eCommerce vendors.
- Support the eCommerce team with accounting treatment / impact for various eCommerce initiatives.
- Partner with the Financial Reporting and Consolidations team to develop and automate reporting for the eCommerce business.
- Train, support, and mentor Accountants.
Internal Controls - 5%
- Provide professional assistance as assigned to internal and external audit groups during financial and audits.
- Partner with the business to streamline processes and increase financial controls to ensure financial integrity.
- Communication with vendors and external auditors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel and general computer skills.
- Experience and/or familiarity working with General Ledger.
- Excellent team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors as well as internal employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate independent, objective, open-minded thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills including decision making, time management, being pro-active, and task prioritization.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-4 years+ of Accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Prior eCommerce accounting experience is highly desirable.
- General AccountantConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza5 days ago
- General AccountantConfidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo8 days ago