- Experience Needed:
- More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Quality Control Manager Duties:
- Quality control managers are in charge of making sure their employer's products meet acceptable quality standards.
- In their day-to-day tasks, these managers perform aspects of several jobs, including some of the work done by business administrators and human resource managers.
- Quality control managers make certain that production and manufacturing lines perform efficiently, coordinate employee efforts, and facilitate communications between management and production departments.
- They also devise ways of improving the manufacturing process to ensure higher-quality goods.
- Employers may also look for their hires to have familiarity with their company's specific industry.
- Quality control managers help companies with achieving quality standards during the production of products.
More than 15 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Requirements for Quality Control Managers:
- The BLS indicated that job candidates interested in quality control management positions should possess at least a bachelor's degree. Science or business-based degree programs may provide the most applicable educational preparation for a quality control manager's job.
- For instance, students might opt to earn a degree in engineering, which uses science and mathematics to provide solutions to technical problems, something a quality control manager often has to do. The BLS also recommends a study of business administration, which emphasizes the technical and executive aspects of operating a business.
- In addition to a college education, work experience is a necessary requirement for a quality control manager position.
- Employees in this field need some kind of background in production or manufacturing, since much of a quality control manager's job involves the assembly line process.